Monday, March 12, 2018

Worst Blush Ever? 😞 Revlon's No Rules



Many drugstore brands have rolled out new lines, or entirely given themselves a makeover. Covergirl, for instance, has definitely updated its brand to be a bit trendier. And I feel Revlon, my least favorite drugstore brand (second only to Almay) has followed suit.

They released a strange little line called Color Charge, which is their spring line for "bold" and "customizable" looks.

I was in Walgreen's yesterday when I encountered this line. The first thing I noticed was the lip powder, which comes in two shades. I didn't pick them up, though I had hoped upon first glance, before realizing what it was, that this:

Image result for revlon lip powder

was an eyeshadow palette. Alas, I was wrong, and alas, I would still be met with some additional disappointment.

I saw the blush "No Rules," and snapped it up immediately. A purple drugstore blush, I thought to myself, how fun! It's called "No Rules," so it must be bold! Nope. It should be called "No Pigment," because it actually has no pigment. There is no pigment in this TEN DOLLAR (I am so sad right now) blush.

Oh, you need evidence? I shall oblige.


First off, the packaging is super misleading. You think the pan of product actually is the size of the container. Wrong. The space below is a compartment for a tiny brush that I tossed because it shed horribly. 


With flash. What is shown on my finger is after running it across the surface of the blush 5-6 times. In person, it is a very thin layer of powder, as if nothing was picked up. 


Some ingredients and specs below.



And now onto the most disappointing swatch. 


Do you see that vague sparkly strip of lavender with a slight (a whisper) of blue sheen? No? Trust me, it is there. Building this up on my face was a struggle too.

This was such a waste of money, and I think Revlon was incredibly lazy to misfire this way. A purple blush in a collection about being BOLD,  called "NO RULES," and yet we get basically a suggestion of a product?

I don't out-right fail many products on this blog, but this by far is a perfect example of a fail. Avoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig