Wednesday, February 28, 2018

So about that new Tarte palette...[TMO]




Tarte, Tarte, Tarte. I think it's time to calm down. But think about what they wanted to accomplish. They wanted to compete with Too Faced. And they are doing just that.

Given Tarte's past w/ racism, I don't feel the need to buy anything from them anymore. So why am I going to do this TMO, right here, right now?

Because Tarte is not going to win. Not like this. Not ever.

Behold: Becca Ocean Jewels, Huda Desert Dusk, the Sweet Peach, the Naked Three, the Jaclyn Morphe palette, the Kathleen Lights Dream St. palette etc. etc. etc. 

I can't give you a price yet. But I can say, quite emphatically, that this is not a summer palette. Summer is supposed to be sunny and bright, but the colors look muted.

The swatches make this look like every single palette that's been coming out:

screen grab

But those blues. Of course, the blues. So you know that of course this palette is different.

There is no reason to buy this. Except, of course, for the packaging. The palette is housed in a seashell compact that is covered in iridescent/holographic green-blue.

For me, the contents do not justify the packaging. But Tarte hardly cares about that.

This is an easy pass for me.

Buh-bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig