Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Urban Decay Backtalk Palette: TMO

Before I begin this rather rant-y post, I just want to preface it with a disclaimer. I am pretty opinionated and picky when it comes to makeup. It comes from a place of saving money as my first priority.

The makeup world was all a titter with news of Urban Decay's palette, the Backtalk Palette. It is a dual-sided palette, in the same way as their concealer and face powder palette. It looks like this:


Now, to say more about where I am coming from- I love purple. I am obsessed with purple blushes, I embarked on a hunt to find the best purple eyeshadow (another post somewhere on the blog- just search for it), purple is very important to me. However....this is not a purple palette I particularly want. Because...well, a couple of reasons.

1. This is the Laura Mercier palette


2. And the Naked 3 Palette:
3. And the Colourpop Give it to Me Straight Palette:
To name a few. 

This is not a new concept, nor are these new colors, but the way Urban Decay has managed to catch the eye of consumers is to do the exact opposite of what they did with the Naked 1 Palette- complete monochrome. 

Backtalk is the name of one of their lipsticks, which is a purple-pink. They constructed an entire palette around one color.

Monochrome is visually appealing, but think about what people became frustrated with when they were using the Naked Heat palette- the types of looks they were doing all came out similarly.

Furthermore, we know purple is a tricky color to pull off, and I am not confident that a lot of these are going to be very high quality. 

Would I be interested in these colors? Not all of them. And I could not see myself using a face palette and and eye palette like that together. I would much rather prefer singles. I really don't appreciate that UD is making you purchase all four face products as well as the eyeshadow together. It seems unwieldy and I like those products separate. Urban Decay is being rather rude, frankly. 

Even though I am curious to see swatches, it seems UD is doing a quiet release on this, sending it to smaller beauty gurus. They are also coming out with a summer palette soon. Which makes we wonder why they released it at all. 

Thanks for reading! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig