Saturday, February 24, 2018

A Subculture Inspired EoTD


I mention a lot on this blog that even though I did not think the Subculture palette was an entirely new concept, and that the formula was a mis-step, it did incite in me an interest in dark matte shadows. Since the release of that palette, I have purchased matte yellows, greens, corals, and purples because I wanted to add a little more color to my eye looks. 

Today I decided to make an all-matte look to mimic a common look I saw being done with the Subculture palette. This was also my first time using the shade Team Captain, by Colourpop. 

First, the shades I used were:

  • Angel Face (Coloured Rained)
  • Pumpkin Pie (Coastal Scents)
  • Tangy Dijon (Vanessa's Vanity)
  • Team Captain (Colour Pop)
  • Soft Gold (ABH)




So, I used Angel Face and Pumpkin Pie mixed together right above and a little bit in my crease. 

Then I took the mustard matte shade, Tangy Dijon, and blended it into my crease and even a little bit on the lid.

Then, the hardest part, I took Team Captain and patted it on my lid, carefully blending it slightly into the crease. 

For the inner corner, I used Soft Gold by ABH.


In terms of how well Team Captain performed, this color is trickier to pull off, formulation wise. It was very pigmented, and easy enough to use on the lid, but you can see how it didn't really blend in with the yellow. With flash, it appears to just sit on top of it. Without flash, it looks a lot more normal. 

All in all, I really like Team Captain, as well as this look, but I need to practice more to refine my technique. Team Captain requires a bit of finessing. 

Will I ever get eyeliner right??

Anyway, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig