Saturday, February 10, 2018

Recent Makeup Fails (3) and Faves (2)

Lately I have prided myself on avoiding dud makeup products. A lot less impulse buying, more research, etc., has really prevented the need to destash.

However, I have encountered some duds lately, and I wanted to talk about them.

First, a dual-ended felt-tip eyeliner from Beaute Wise, which I bought from Amazon for $12. It is a K-beauty product, and for the first couple applications, it was okay. I picked it up today after not using it for a few weeks and the tip on both ends was hardly dispensing product! I then swatched it on my hand to be sure, and I had to run the tip over and over to build anything up, and still the liner was patchy and thin. Worse, it is very easy to remove. So completely not worth the money.

Next, we have one brush from a Real Techniques trio from Metals Collection. This was highly discounted, and I believe I got it for $8.00, but I'm not sure. While the eye brush is fine, and the face powder brush is my favorite, the gold concealer brush is a total dud for me. Concealer brushes are supposed to work with small spaces and curves on your face, and the jagged edges of the bristles on this brush are nearly painful. The design of the brush is elegant and eye-catching, but the brush head on the concealer one (102) was a mis-step.

Finally, one of my major makeup regrets is the Colourpop Supernova Shadow in Firecracker. It cost $7.00. It is not worth it because it does not work. It does not build up, it applies patchy and powdery, and I really hate it. I don't know why I bought this. I really should have read the reviews.

Let's move onto the positives.

I have been using Coty Airspun in Translucent Extra Coverage and am surprised that there's an actual powder I can use with foundation that I actually enjoy. I don't mind the smell, and I find that my face is kept pretty dry throughout the day. Total win.

The next product I am happy to have is the Sonia Kashuk eye makeup remover. I was in need of something like this after I ran out of my Simple one, which cost $8.00. Because Sonia Kashuk is leaving Target, all of her products were discounted, so I snagged her makeup remover for $4.00. It's got a lot more product than the Simple one, and works better, too.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig