Sunday, February 18, 2018

Ipsy February 2018 Bag (updated)

As established by now, this will be the page containing all my updates and thoughts regarding this month's Ipsy.

To be honest, I did not opt to get an ipsy bag last month...and I did not miss it. I thought I would, but it really made no bearing on my life. I was surprised.

I told myself that I would try this month, and see what happens. I did the coding hack a couple of days ago, but the image was so small it was almost impossible to list what I got. But, now I have the full list as well as approximate prices.

MELLOW COSMETICS
Mini Matte Liquid Lip Paint in Tehran (1.5 g @ $6.56 ) No longer sold by Mellow Cosmetics.
I am not looking forward to liquid lipstick. I've tried it, but it just did not work for me. This particular looks nice, on the plus size, which is a brown-taupe.

This is a good formula and color for a liquid lip. Unfortunately, I just can't get on board. I hate the way they look on me. 

Bang Beauty Blush, 3.5 g full-size (I think @ $20.00) 
Color is variable, but I liked all three, but would prefer the brown shimmery one. I am not familiar with this brand, but the retail price is quite steep. I wonder what the quality is like.

I ended up with the color Smoked Peach. While the color looks quite intense in the pan, this blush definitely needs to be built up- which is not necessarily a bad thing. It had a really nice golden sheen. While I definitely would not purchase this for that price, I will happily continue to use this.





Marsk (hate the name of this brand) loose eyeshadow in Foiled Again (1.2 g @ $22.50). So expensive! This shadow seems very cool-toned, and I tend to like warmer silvers. We'll see how this goes. I do have a lot of cooler matte shadows now that I have been using.

I just cannot believe this thing costs more than $10.00. What a rip-off. I tend to like warmer, lighter, silvers, and this is definitely more of a smoky sparkly silver. On my eye, it was rather chunky, and did not play nice with Pixie Epoxy, which is weird because up until now, PE has worked with everything in my collection. I am not going to use this. 

Luxie Dual-Ended Blending and Shading Brush ($12?) This brush looks great, aside from the fact it's double-side. I can't get enough of blending and shading brushes, but not all in one. Oh well. I will still happily use this. After I figure out how to store it.

I really really like this brush! It is super convenient. Today I used it for my purple look, and it was just a matter of flipping the brush over to use. I am very happy to have gotten this. 

MAD Skincare
Spot On Targeted Skin Brightening Serum ( .23 oz @ $19.00)    Reviews on this serum tell me it is not for all over face, but specific areas to brighten. I don't really have dullness issues, but we'll see.
I've been using this sparingly and have not really noticed anything yet. The bottle is tiny and I hope I did my math right. 

All in all, this is my most expensive bag yet, at $80.38. I wonder if I did the math right. We'll see, though, if these items earned their price tag. As always, this post will be updated continually with my thoughts.

Final thoughts: I don't want to quit ipsy just yet, so I adjusted my frequency to every other month. If I keep getting underwhelmed, I am just going to discontinue. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig