Wednesday, February 28, 2018

FoTD- Orange Matte Gradient (text post)

Argh, I wish I didn't fall asleep with my eyeshadow on and therefore ruin it and therefore I cannot take a presentable picture of my look today.

But, using my descriptive skills, I will paint for you a vivid picture of what I wore on my face today.

So, my alarm was set for 4:45 AM. I woke up, then fall back asleep, and woke up again at 5:30. So there was a bit of a rush routine involved in today's look. When I am rushing I do not use glitter shadows.

I'm getting ahead of myself.

After washing up, I used Cerave AM Lotion to moisturize. My eyelids were also a bit swollen from allergies, so I used First Aid Beauty Eye Gel to calm them down. I then did my face makeup (usually I do that after eyes, but they were watery and irritated so I saved them for last).

Face makeup: The usual foundation, with Coty Airspun to set my oilier areas.  I used Colourpop's Here Kitty Kitty highlighter, and then my current blush faves: Pixi Beach Rose mixed with Makeup Geek Puppy Love.

Then, I primed my lids and used Mac Painterly over top. In the crease, I generously blended in Pumpkin Pie (CS), a matte orange/yellow (more yellow than orange), and decided to put my ol' reliable, Burnt Orange (ABH MR) on the lid. Then, even though I was on a time crunch, I took Fudge from ABH and tried to blend that a little on the outer corner. This shade is super pigmented and a little hard to blend for me, but I think I just need to get a bit better with my technique for these kinds of shadows.

Anyway, lips were simple. I usually forget to reapply lip color and just opt for lip balm during the day.

Eyeliner was Physician's Formula, but I am running out and will have to repurchase again soon.

Overall, I liked this look a lot. I think next time I would try to incorporate the brighter colors that I recently purchased into this look, to see what happens.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig