Monday, February 19, 2018

Some Destashes and a Panning

Hello hello hello!

Today I actually placed an order with Colourpop for three single shadows:

1. Making Moves- a bright coral-pink matte
2. Glass Bull- a sheer brown-blue duochrome
3. Team Captain- a matte olive green

These three colors are very unique, and honestly reflect how I feel about color, especially mattes. I especially think the color Making Moves (a bright coral pink) is something that is appearing in a lot of palettes lately. I myself have a similar color in the WnW Not a Basic Peach palette, but as I noted before, the WnW shadow takes a long time to build up.

Team Captain looks like a beautiful shade of Olive Green, which I have also been very interested in since the Subculture palette. I understand the release of the Subculture palette was a mess, but I can't deny ABH brought out colors that were a lot different than the current trends. Also, it's been my mission to dupe the Viseart Dark Matte palette in my own personalized way.

Glass Bull just looks so pretty, and I am interested in the concept of a sheerer type of shimmer. The Anti-Haul Blog noted that this is part of the "eye gloss'  effect trend, and I want to try it! Especially see how it works with mattes, though she noted she preferred using it as a one-shadow shade.

In anticipation of these three shadows,  I decided to declutter two shades from my large z-palette:

1.) Coastal Scents Victorian Pear.

I don't really understand this shade. It is a sheer shimmery-satin taupe that barely shows up on my skin, and has green iridescent glitters dispersed in the pan, and barely show up when applied to the face. I just have other shadows that do more interesting things, so this was a waste of space.

2.) ABH, Brownie

It took me trial and error to figure out that I really dislike the ABH Titanium formula. Every single shade with this formula has gotten hard pan (counting Brownie, I have three), and doesn't show up nicely on my eyes. The powder is very thick, too. Brownie is no exception, and even though I picked it up for a third of the retail price, it was a waste. Even if the formula was great, this is not something I'd be interested in wearing every day, color-wise.

Let's move on to panning updates.

I have panned the cream shade from the Carli Bybel Deluxe palette. Now, I got this in late December, so it's been less than two months. I am not particularly happy about that, but it does not come as a complete surprise.  The pans of eyeshadow are pretty small, and the formula is very soft. Not only that, the cream shadow is something I am using every day.

My ABH shadow in Amber, which I was panning, broke. The formula was very soft, and I guess a lot of it was not attached to the pan, so now I only have a sliver of eyeshadow left, which makes me quite sad. I really like this color, and the unique type of gold it is, but I am not going to repurchase. I have got enough eyeshadow already, especially gold, that I can wait.

I also have near dupes of it in the Carli Bybel Deluxe palette, so that gives me more incentive to use more from that palette, too.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig