Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Selecting a Palette (somewhat a TMO): Sephulta

At this point in the year my job becomes acutely stressful. Not only that, my birthday is also coming up, and I'd like to start thinking about adding a palette to my collection. 

Now, as I do have 6 palettes (counting my z-palette, and not counting my singles), I want to be especially careful when selecting a new palette. I am comfortable in my collection right now, but I also want to branch out and incorporate more subtle versions of color into my everyday look. Just because. 

So, here are my palette picks from both Sephora and Ulta. I'll also add a post on indie palettes I am interested in. 

1. Laura Mercier Eye Art Artist's Palette: The palette was rated A by Temptalia, and I do like the mix of browns and purples. I think this is an all-purpose palette, but I can see how it can be repetitive. The value of this palette is not great, as each shade is less than 1 g, compared to the Naked palette, $54, with 1.41 g of product. Though the quality of this palette I'm sure is excellent, and that I can make flattering looks, I am not convinced this is the palette I want.

2. Viseart Petit Pro Palette: This palette costs less than regular-sized Viseart palettes, and I love that purple. However, I know I don't need the mattes, and I don't want to shell out $30 just to "sample" a brand, especially just for one shade.

3. Tarte Pro to Go: This is a better option than the Viseart for me, and Temptalia did rate this palette highly. I find them similar, but the Tarte one has better value, and less needless mattes. I have had my eye on this one for quite some time, so I am strongly considering this palette. 

Ulta picks:

4. Too Faced PB& J palette: This one I've also had my eye on for quite sometime. I like the concept and the packaging, but it does not have the purples that I am looking for. 

5. Another popular one: The Lorac Unzipped Palette. Not really handy for travel, and not great color variation, though I know the palette is quite well-loved.

6. Nyx Cosmic Metals: I've also been eyeing this one for quite some time, but reviews were slow in coming. After seeing the swatches, the palette is not what I hoped it would be. I would have to pass. 

7. Butter London: Okay, I really don't want to buy this palette. I just wanted to include it because I find it quite ridiculous. 

8. Mally Nude Attitude Eyeshadow Palette: Just going by the image, I find the colors interesting on this palette. It almost reminds me of a Lorac palette. But after researching more about the swatches, I am not that impressed. 

Thoughts:
As of now, the Tarte palette is the one that I find most tempting still. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig