Tuesday, May 2, 2017

What is going on with the Ipsy point system?

I have been an Ipsy subscriber for two years. I have redeemed my points on 2-3 items, for no more than 500 points. As of now I have 370 points, and I have had this amount for a couple of months.

The last thing I redeemed that was a complete dud was a "hairbrush liner/deodorizer" for 100 points. I ordered it because it was the only offer at the time that was reasonable.

Before that, I bought one of the Lisa Hoffman fragrance necklaces, silver, for 300 points. I am not sure if it is actual silver, because the Ipsy page specifies "silver tone," but her jewelry is pricey and the necklace is pretty.

Sooo...that brings me to my next question. Why in the hell is a loose pigment eyeshadow from Jesse's Girl 750 points?? Jesse's Girl is not an expensive brand, and loose eyeshadow is not an expensive product. Fishy indeed

I do have a love-hate relationship with Ipsy, the the points system represents one of the worst sides of this business. In a way, it's kind of like a hostage situation. For example, I felt impelled to spent 250 points on the Mellow lipstick shade that I actually wanted-the neutral one- because the one I received in my bag was scarlet and for me unwearable.

Even so, that lipstick retailed for a lot more than eyeshadow loose pigment. I feel as though Ipsy is forcing people's hands, forcing them to spend points on items that are not worth it. For now, I am just going to sit and wait, and hope that enough outcry does something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig