Friday, May 19, 2017

Palette Review: Marc Jacobs Palette: The Tease

Happy Friday! Today I am going to share a review of an exciting find from TJ Maxx: Marc Jacobs Beauty Style Eye-Con No. 7, in The Tease.

It retailed for $59.00, and I picked it up for $19.99. As I bought it, I thought about Kimberly Clark's advice- that buy something on sale only if you would purchase it at full price.

I agree with that mentality to an extent, and agree that it saves people money in the long-term. If I used this logic, I don't know if I would have bought this palette. It has got some excellent shades, and some not-excellent ones. It also is a purple-toned palette, which is different than anything I own.

Let's start with the finger swatches. The colors don't match up with the layout of the palette as I ran out of room.




Shade #1: This is a metallic cool-toned purple, of nice quality. The shadow itself is soft, and true to color throughout. The purple pigment is not suspended in some kind of cloudy grey base. However, the shade itself is a bit washed out- I would have liked it to be more vibrant and rich.

Shade #2: A matte grey, with an almost satin finish. This is of excellent quality. I have been using it as a transition color for minimal makeup looks. It will pair well with a multitude of shades.

Shade #3: A pink-toned white matte powder. Also very soft, but a bland shade that can be used for highlighting the brow bone.

Shade #4: I am so mad that THIS was the shade that was damaged. It is a beautiful peachy shade with a golden reflect. It is a very soft shadow, and of excellent pigmentation.

Shade #5: I was surprised Temptalia had rated this shade so high. It is a basic frosty light pink. For me, I needed to scrape the top layer off of the shadow, and the quality improved drastically. I am just not impressed with the color.

Shade #6: A matte fuchsia, much more cool toned compared to the shades of the Modern Renaissance that belong to this color family. Very wearable, of good pigment and blend-ability.

Shade #7: This one makes me sad. A gritty brown with glitter. Very dry formula makes working with it difficult.

So there it is- my first experience with a Marc Jacobs palette. Would I ever buy another one? Probably not. I am concerned that the consistency among the different shades in quality varies so greatly. For such a typically high-priced palette, it does not seem worth it.

However, it is worth it for me to hold onto this and use the shades I like. Because I am a collector at heart, I know that this palette will be complementary to the other palettes in my collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig