Thursday, May 11, 2017

Bite Beauty Prismatic Pearl Creme Lip Gloss: Oyster Pearl, Review

I think it is safe to say that the liquid ultra-matte lipstick trend is on its way out. A year ago I bought two liquid lipsticks from Ipsy, and I haaaaated them. I'm seeing a lot of this sentiment on YouTube, as people acknowledge they were on a bandwagon, but it just didn't work out. However, that is not to say that people who enjoy liquid lipstick are wrong for their preference. Something I've learned is that trends can be thankless, and it's better to stick with what you love.

I love traditional bullet lipsticks, as well as glosses, as long as they are not sticky. I've been very interested in the Bite brand, as I was really impressed with the holiday duo I purchased in bronze/pepper. Pepper was a little too warm for me, but the bronze shade was really lovely. It was one of the most shimmery makeup things I've ever owned, and I am sad that I am almost finished with it.

Bite's Pearl Creme Lip Gloss line is relatively new, and the pictures on Sephora are really something. The entire line is as follows:
Video still courtesy of Sephora site
I bought the fourth one from the left, Oyster Pearl, which is the mauve shade with silver and blue shimmers. I ordered it from Sephora on the 5th of May, and it was delivered on Monday, May 8.

I have been using it for about 3 days now daily, and I do have some answers to the questions I had initially about the product:

  1. Can a lip gloss be worth more than $20?
  2. Does this gloss last a long time?
  3. What is the texture like?
  4. Will the shimmery color shift be wearable? 
To begin with #1: No, I don't necessarily think this product is worth such a high price point. For the small amount that you are getting, especially, .14 oz. 

#2. Yes, this gloss does last a long time. Over time it does fade with shimmer left behind, for a subtle effect. I can't factor in eating and drinking, though.

#3. The texture is comfortable and hydrating, and the "flavor" is the typical sugared-citrus flavor that was in my holiday lipstick duo. For texture, I can detect the sensation of slight grittiness due to concentrated amount of shimmer in the formula. Personally, I don't mind this, but I can see how others would. 

#4. In terms of how wearable this particular shade was, I would say very. Yes, the shimmer is striking, but not messy or goopy. 

I have some pictures below:
one swipe, w/ flash


The applicator dispenses a generous amount of product, but one can easily control how much is actually applied. If you are using a light hand, this could be worn as a topper, but I have not done so myself.

Overall, I think this is a beautiful line of products, and that Oyster Pearl is a welcome break from my typical array of nude lipsticks. I give it ⭐⭐⭐⭐1/2 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig