Thursday, May 11, 2017

Problem Brands, continued (rambling/rant)

Yesterday one YouTuber, whom I admired, posted a picture of themselves wearing a LimeCrime lip product. And I really did not have to hesitate. I unsubscribed. I understand that makeup is all about personal preference, choice, and how it's not that deep. But it's also personal preference which circles of conversation and influence I choose to pay attention to, and how we normalize exchanges with untrustworthy individuals and the companies they represent.

So, yeah. LimeCrime. Kimberly Clark is oddly forgiving of them as well, which annoys me. It's quite possible that some bloggers simply do not know the entire story, but a quick rifling through the internet will yield answers.

What other brands beside J* and Too Faced I won't personally give money to?

Lorac. With the holographic-packaging brunch palette came the beginning of the end. Lorac does churn out holiday editions and sets that simply are of crappier formulations than their permanent editions, but now even their "pro-formula" special editions look bad. The Pirates of the Caribbean palette has already been lambasted by the internet, but I think it's indicative of the brand itself. There was no attention to color, and the fact that no one is checking for this franchise any more. When I was in middle school, I thought the first one was something special-and it was. But after the second one it was clear that there was no need for more. And of course, if Johnny Depp profits off this thing in any way, why would I want to facilitate that?

As for brands that have been annoying this week:

Urban Decay. Now there's a Naked perfume? It is quite interesting to me that the trajectory of the Stinky Peach is mirrored in the trajectory of the Naked line- in both cases, a concept is squeezed until there is nothing left, to make a maximum product. Pass.

The Ordinary. Now, I just made a post about how their apology worked in some way. But I've been doing a little reading and there are murmurs that this is not the first time Deciem pulled this stunt. Hmm..

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig