Sunday, May 28, 2017

The Ordinary, Advanced Retinoid 2 %, Review (and some Paula's Choice Shade)



I was never really a skin care person. At almost 26 years of age, I never really maintained a skin regimen. I am rather lazy, forgetful, and apathetic when it comes to that.

However, I did have tightly clustered lines on my forehead, as well as fine lines near my eyes. I also had redness around my nose area- Not really significant issues, but these things bothered me.

I bought the Retinoid 2% from The Ordinary, an oz for $9.80 and have been using it daily for three weeks. I have seen significant difference and am really very impressed with this product. It is not greasy, does not really smell like anything, and absorbs quickly.

I did do a bit of research on retinols, and though The Ordinary says this is a gentler retinol, I do moisturize and use sunscreen anyway.

The lines on my forehead have relaxed, especially the tight cluster of lines above my right eyebrow.

My skin has cleared up and evened out in tone, and I really have not had any breakouts since.

I would definitely recommend this and give it a full ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐.

As a side note, the Beautypedia reviews, owned by Paula's Choice, give three stars for this product, and these are two of their main drawbacks of the product: "
The formula isn't as multi-faceted as today's best retinol treatments.
Initial application has a grainy sensation, which may be a stability issue."

What does "multi-faceted' mean? And by "today's best retinol treatments," they do mean Paula's Choice? And how can you claim a texture (which I did not personally notice) MAY indicate a stability issue, if you can't prove it? And how do I know they can't prove it? They said it:

"Although the grainy sensation fades quickly, it’s an unusual issue worth pointing out as this kind of formula should not be grainy. We worry that it’s indicative of a stability issue, but we weren’t able to verify this. Nevertheless, at any price, a retinol product should be pleasant to use, and this one comes up a bit short in that department."

So, an initial texture which fades QUICKLY (which, again, texture that I did not experience) ultimately makes application (WHICH IS A NOT A LENGTHY EXPERIENCE) unpleasant, which is also a very subjective concept?

My research into this product inadvertently lead me down a road to seriously question Beautypedia's veracity and credibility. If anyone else has noticed such problems, such as making unjustly inflammatory suggestions about products which they acknowledge cannot be verified, I would love to know. It's inappropriate, especially when we all know they all have a horse in this race.

As a result, I am never going to buy Paula's Choice products. But I will definitely purchase the Retinoid 2 % again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig