Saturday, May 13, 2017

Shiro Matte Eyeshadow, Review

My very first indie makeup purchase was Shiro cosmetics, earlier this year. I bought two matte sample jars, and one full size jar highlighter. We'll save the highlighter for another day. Let's talk about the two mattes. All swatches in photos on bare skin with no primer, and w/finger for ABH, brush for Shiro (as finger swatches with the loose formula are impossible.)

1.  There's No Such Thing as Magic. This one is mentioned a lot in recommendations, especially as a dupe for the Modern Renaissance palette's Buon Fresco. As the pictures will show, the Shiro shade is lighter, with particles of holographic glitter lightly scattered throughout. What I will note, though, is that when I use this shade in my crease with primer, it will darken on the skin. The formula seems to be...absorbent in some way? Buon Fresco has a more powdery formula that is much easier to blend. As I will mention below, the formula of this shade makes blending difficult, and involves tugging on the skin. Though this matte looks pretty, when I run out of Buon Fresco I'll probably just buy the ABH single, rather than try to use the Shiro shade up. ⭐⭐⭐ 1/2


2. Pietrisycamollaviadelrechiotemexity. As in, I have experienced the aforementioned word when thinking of what this possibly could reference. Seems like a waste of print. The shade itself, however, is a good crease shade for my skin tone, a peachy matte. This one does not experience the same color change on the skin as the first shade. Both have nearly identical formulas, except for carnuba wax, which "There's No Such.." contains.  Perhaps this accounts for the texture and performance difference. I don't use this particular shade up very much, but it is one of those easy ways to add warmth and color to an eye look. On my hand, I did want to compare it also with a shade from Modern Renaissance, so I've compared it to Burnt Orange, on the right. While this shade is more muted compared to Burnt Orange, sometimes that can be a good thing. ⭐⭐⭐⭐

 
w/ flash, Shiro mattes are the inner two shades, ABH is outer two

Blurred to show sparkles on Shiro swatch. Note the slight difference in color around the edges.



No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig