Sunday, May 7, 2017

May 2017 Haul

Okay, I am not a fan of haul videos or posts specifically. But because I know that this is a personal blog of personal ramblings with a non-existent readership, I've decided to keep track of my most recent purchases. I like the idea of "hauled it, but how was it?" videos I've seen lately, and that is precisely what I intend to write once I've made use of the following items, which are also listed as new on my inventory (save for the perfume and lip products):

1. The Ordinary:
                -Serum Foundation. I probably didn't need ANOTHER foundation...but I wanted to try this! I am curious to see how it matches my skin tone.
                -Retinoid 2%. As I've mentioned elsewhere, aside from moisturizes and cleansers, I am not interested in multi-step skin care regimens. I've started to look into other types of skin care after noticing some signs of crow's feet and forehead lines. We'll see what happens!

2. Too Faced:
               -Glitter Glue: I needed a dupe of Pixie Epoxy. I honestly don't know how this is going to compare. This purchase was made because the Fyrinnae shipping times are ridiculous. If I ever buy from Fyrinnae again, I would buy 2 full sizes of the PE. (arriving Monday)
               -Shadow Insurance, sample. I am running out of my original UD Primer Potion, and wanted to look into other primers. I do have UD PP in Sin, but I hate the formula of that one, as it is both greasy and gritty, and I even suspect it might be a fake. (arriving??)

3. Bite Beauty Pearl Creme Lip Gloss, Oyster Pearl:
                - I am so exited about this one! I have noticed this line as soon as they came out on the Sephora site, and I absolutely loved the shimmer side of the "bronze/pepper" holiday duo. Of course, I loved the look of the daring shades, but Oyster Pearl, a glittery, shimmery mauve, was the most "me" color, and the highest rated one on Temptalia! (arriving Mon.)

4. Lavanila Labs:
                  -Roll-on perfume in Coconut Vanilla: Not as popular as the original vanilla scent, I wanted to try this because the descriptions in the reviews were interesting. I owned the vanilla scent, loved it, got many compliments when wearing it, and then lost it. It is driving me nuts. The original vanilla scent was beautiful, especially with notes of tonka, which I thought was really special. Of course, I wanted something summer and new, so here we are. (arriving Wed.)
                   -Sport deodorant in Vanilla. The amazon rating was convincing, as well as Livloveshermakeup, a youtuber who has praised the Lavanila deodorants. I usually wear anti-perspirants, but do not wear them on weekends, so I can easily adjust between those types of products. I've been noticing that I hate the way I smell at the end of the day, even with antiperspirant, so I am curious to see how this works. (arriving Wed).

So there it is! Seven products! My goal is not to buy any more by the end of this month. Next month I can treat myself to a birthday splurge, but I do have to put serious brakes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig