Sunday, May 21, 2017

Red Dwarf Inspired Eyeshadow

Hi all,

So today I have been binge-watching one my favorite British sci-fi series, Red Dwarf. Purely for fun, I decided to combine it with my other favorite thing, eyeshadow.

Please enjoy the color swatches I've selected from my stash that I thought best represents the characters of Red Dwarf, especially if I ever want to do a wearable look inspired by one of the characters.

I. David Lister
These are inspired by the predominant color's of Lister's clothes, from the Modern Renaissance palette. For his worn leather jacket, Cyprus Umber. For a neutral/nude transition, warm taupe. For his bandana, Red Ochre, and for his "sheriff badge," and to symbolize his essential heroism, a bright sparkling gold- Primavera.

II. Arnold Judas Rimmer
While Lister's palette was warm toned as Lister represents the better qualities of humanity, Rimmer is essentially a cooler toned sampling. The three mattes are Kat Von D, and through the qualities of the shadows are soft, the colors are to represent his bland-ness and inflexibility. Except for, of course, ABH "peacock"." Rimmer is a fan of greens, and one season he wore an iridescent green uniform. Not to mention, he easily brags and boasts, not unlike a peacock. 

III. The Cat
The Cat is one for fashion statements and flair, and the above represent a range neutrals- two from the Pulp Fiction palette, while the pops of color are my personal favorites that could be easily paired and blended with the neutrals.While Cat is flashy, he would never clash, so we have a mix of cool and warm colors.  For the pops of color, I tried to pick ones from my favorite of his outfits that I remember. 

IV. Kryten
His palette is a bit boring, to represent his entire color scheme, including his head. Three are from the Pulp Fiction Palette, and the shimmery one- though apparently a basic peach- has a beautiful sheen to it that represents Kryten's sensitivity and individuality.

Bonus: Two matte mustard shades to represent one of Lister's favorite foods- curry:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig