Tuesday, May 9, 2017

The Rush Routine

This morning I was set back 30 minutes due to sleeping late. I jolted awake at 6:00 on the dot, without an alarm, though I usually wake up at 5:30, even 5:15. Disoriented, panicked, I knew I would have to cut corners on my daily make up routine. With this in mind, today I learned what I would count as "essential" and "nonessential." Now, realistically, make-up is not essential. At all. I know this. But I knew if I was going to brave the day, I was going to put some color on my face.

On a day in which I am feeling right on time, early even, my routine is as follows:

  1. Micellar Water
  2. Laura Mercier Illuminating Primer
  3. Urban Decay Primer Potion
  4. Eyeshadow:
    • Base cream powder shade
    • Transition
    • Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy + Lid shade
    • outer corner shade
    • eyeliner
    • mascara primer
    • mascara
  5. foundation, which is a mix of:
    1. Manic Panic Virgin White
    2. La Roche-Posay's BB Blur
    3. Japonesque strobing liquid highlighter 
  6. setting spray
  7. highlight
  8. blush
  9. contour
This usually takes 20 min. Today, however, that time needed to be cut in half. I knew I wouldn't be able to do my eyes until I got to work and I could be sure I had enough time. So my super abridged makeup routine turned into:
  1. cold water
  2. Primers, (touch in sol no poreblem, and PP)
  3. foundation (no japonesque in the mix)
  4. setting spray
  5. lipgloss
I stuffed my Z palette, mascara, brushes, and liner into my purse and went to work. At work, I then finished with my eye look, which consisted of five colors in my Z palette:
  1. 2 Kat Von D shadows for base and transition color
  2. ABHs' Amber for lid
  3. fudge for outer corner
  4. White Gold for inner corner. 
This is a tried and true eye look that does not take much effort, and I finished in 5 min. 

With that in mind, I learned that for me, lash priming, blush, and contour are non-essential, while foundation, eyes, and lips are. I defaulted to an eye look that I've done countless times before, which I did not mind, but the early morning is such a difficult time to gather my bearings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig