Sunday, May 28, 2017

Wet n Wild Highlighters Review: Cult Favorites

One of my favorite Beauty YouTubers at the moment is Samantha March, who has said recently that she has bought way too many highlighters. I feel like I am in the same boat.

Not only did a get a nice sample size of UD's Sin highlighter in my May Ipsy bag, I also bought two Wet n' Wild highlighters this month that I thought have reached cult status, which brings my count of Wet n' Wild cult status highlighters to three.

I thought I would take the time to share my thoughts on each of them, and how they compare to my more expensive ones.

To begin, Reserve Your Cabana is listed on my inventory as something I use as a setting powder. It does provide a very subtle sheen, and even has some SPF (15), which I think gives it a distinct fragrance, which I like. I've owned it for almost a year. It is not as luminous as my other highlighters, but it is nice to tone down a look or just to use a powder.

My more recent purchases are:

1. Precious Petals: a baked gelee formula highlighter which is a warm gold, but with a distinct pinkish-undertone. To make it work, a brush and a light hand is necessary. This is a really beautiful product.

2. Boozy Brunch- many report this as a dupe for Becca's Champagne Pop, and I agree it comes close. It is also a warm gold, but the pink and brown stripes give it a sort of tan/brassy undertone. A light hand is also a must with this, because the pigmentation is so intense.

I highly recommend both highlighters. Reserve Your Cabana is also nice, but the other two are interesting products. I have been using these two highlighters instead of my UD Sin and my Algenist liquid highlighter in Rose (two other new recent acquisitions) because these are simply just fun and summer-appropriate.

They are also excellent quality. None of these highlighters have chunky glitter, and the two newest ones have a complexity and uniqueness that set them apart, and for that reason I enjoy using them.

Wet n' Wild has been doing such a good job of being innovative  and I hope they keep going. Because I own these I have no need to buy really expensive full-sized highlighters or highlighter palettes, like from Becca. There is simply no need!

Swatches down below!
Reserve Your Cabana

Precious Petals (l), Boozy Brunch (r)

(from top-bottom) Precious Petals, Boozy Brunch, and RYC

Precious Petals, Boozy Brunch, RYC

no flash, same as above

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig