Friday, January 26, 2018

🔥You Know What It Is: Massive Anti-Haul time!!🔥

This is one of my favorite features to do for this blog, but it does take a lot of energy. I used to need that energy in the past, because if I did not use it for anti-hauling, I'd use it for actually buying crap. But now that I've grown a bit, the urgency to do this is not as intense. But still. I'm here, I'm ready, and we're going to do this.

I am not going to buy:

1. The Smashbox Trios, $22.0

First of all, that price for a trio is ridiculous. Second the quality looks mighty dubious. I can see why trios look really convenient, but honestly I never felt like I wanted to support the brand. Their eyeshadows are all over discount stores, and I really feel like not many people are too interested. Furthermore, they've been selling trios for a long time, so this really is nothing new.

2. The Beauty Creations Frozen palettes, $13.49

Okay, so the Olivia palette is out of stock, and I can't even find the Elsa palette. First off, let me say that I never got into Frozen. I've never seen it, and I don't think I've watched a Disney princess movie for a while now. So I don't think I am the target audience for this. For what it's worth, I thought both looked interesting on Instagram, but not interesting enough for me to want to buy it. A lot of repeating colors bothered me.


You know what else bothered me? The picture of what the palette actually looks like on their website:
I mean, that is a washed out pic. And the pans look so unevenly placed and crooked. It just looks bad and poorly made.  It's an easy pass. 

3. The Sephora Pro Pigment Palette, $20
I'll start by saying I really think the price for this is very reasonable. I know I don't wear these colors, and I know people reading or watching anti-hauls get frustrated when a person passes on something simply because they don't wear those colors. But hear me out. For me, it used to be that even if I did not wear the colors, I still would buy something because the price was reasonable and I thought I could convince myself. But it never happened. I ended up wasting my money. This palette is very specific, because it is for a specific demographic with a specific preference. If this was more muted and not neon, I'd be feeling it. But I am not. I am interested, though, in seeing whether or not Sephora releases more.

4. Christen Dominique Palette, $42
Okay I am super excited to anti-haul this one, for a whole host of petty and non-petty reasons. I'll start by saying that I am only familiar with Christen from her Ipsy days. I don't follow her or watch her videos.

Strike one is that her website is impossible to find. You need to go through her link from instagram. If you google "Christen Dominique palette" nothing comes up. That's strange, and makes me wonder who is (or isn't) backing the brand.

When you get there, you find out the her brand is named Dominique Cosmetics, and all her products are stamped with the DC logo, which I find suspiciously similar to the Dose of Colors stylizing.  I mean, why not do CDC? It's a palindrome, and a little more luxe (I said I was going to be petty).

Okay, let's look at this palette:
As of now it's sold out. Whatever. It's going to be back. The thing is, the palette quite transparently adheres to the time-honored tradition of convincing you it is unique by literally throwing in two shades that are "pops of color" that everyone is just going to use in the waterline. I can almost hear Emily Noel saying it. I would love to see people take that blue, use it all over the lid, and then blow it out with that orange-brown. Not going to happen. If I had that palette, I wouldn't even do it.

Take away the blue and purple. You are left with a palette of brown and taupe tones that are everywhere- Colour Pop, ABH, even Wet 'n Wild. So is it worth it? For two colors? For $42? Hell no. And what annoys me most is that it cost extra for the useless imprint of the logo on EACH eyeshadow pan? How much are consumers paying extra for that "feature"? Could they have been paying $35  instead? Maybe? The world will never know.

5. The Blush Duos from Jouer Cosmetics, $30.00
Speaking of poor brand-name/logo choices, check out these blush duos from Jouer cosmetics, a brand I am convinced is the same as Julep.
Again, useless cost from the imprint. We don't care about that. And two. Wasn't the brand called Jouer Cosmetics? And yet the logo is C...J...? As in Cosmetics Jouer? Why??? Why would you reverse the name of the brand just so you get a nifty little design? You couldn't come up with another design that actually makes sense?

Each pan is $15. The two colors up there look identical. I quit.

6. The Milani Eyeshadow Palettes, $20

7. The Blue Honey Palette, $38.00
Why are people hyping this? Is it truly that interesting?
It's a simple palette that integrates color that I know looks appealing. But the couple of stand-outs- the gold shimmer, the mustard matte, the blue-green matte, and the blue shimmer, can certainly be found elsewhere, and for far cheaper. This is like the Yes, Please palette with pops of green-blue. I think the price is certainly too high, and if I was truly inspired, I'd just buy a single from Inglot or something.


8. The Karity Posh Palette, $27 also currently sold out.
I've never bought a palette from Karity before. But I see the appeal in this palette. Aside from the varying pan sizes, which I don't like. This palette looks like a cheaper alternative to Huda's palettes. But you don't have to buy either of them. Again, for the couple pops of color, consider the rest of it- which is pretty common place. Buy a single!!

So that's it folks. This current round of products had potential, but just didn't cut it for me.

Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig