Friday, January 26, 2018

Best and Worst of the Week

I thought I would make a new feature of a weekly reflection of makeup trends for the entire week, and condense it into a best and worst list.

Best:

The Maybelline Total Lash Temptation, washable. This is a really great mascara for stubborn lashes, with a nice smell and mousse-like formula. I used it all week and really enjoyed it!

Makeup Revolution Blush in Puppy Love. I used this two or three days this week, but I needed to mix it with another blush because by itself it basically is an eyeshadow, as it is so pigmented. It's not the easiest blush to use, but it does last the whole day.

The Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette. It frustrates me that this palette could be better, because it has a lot going for it already. But it is so light-toned and has way too much highlighter. I hope Carli Bybel releases at least one more palette with BH Cosmetics (do it!!!!) that is only eyeshadow and has a greater range of colors. Carli Bybel has a great eye for color and trends, and I've found I've been able to dupe a lot of current releases with her palette. So please, keep going.  Anyway, I used this a lot this week, and I love how easy of a palette it is to use. I anticipate panning this one pretty easily.

Origins Matte Moisturizer. I've talked about this before. I don't know what I am going to do when I complete the sample. I have no desire to buy the full size, and I already own face creams. Maybe when I am out of everything I'll get the full size. But I've been really loving it.

Khiel's Ultra Facial Cream. Another winner. Another super expensive face cream. This was a pretty great sample variety. But again, I am not about to buy the full size.

This is a Product that I also have been enjoying at night- a steam mask for your eyes. It's from the brand Kao MegaRhythm, and I bought the fragrance free version. It is quite relaxing.

Worst of the Week

Milani Coral Cove Blush. So....em...for the first time did I really get annoyed with this blush disappearing on my face by the end of the day. I like the color- it is quite a glowy orangey-pink, but unless I start bringing it to work to reapply, the lasting time is non-existant.

Jessica Simpson Fancy Body Spray. Going into fragrance land is going into subjective territory. But I really was not happy with this. It was not a huge loss- five dollars, but the reason I think I did not enjoy it was because it smelled like Heavenly Stardust, but not quite. And the "not quite" part is what throws me off.

And finally, things I have to keep trying to develop an opinion on:
1. Kiko Milano eyeshadow single in Champagne
2. Clinique Pansy Pop blush

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig