Wednesday, January 24, 2018

FoTD in Review: January 24 (text)

Hello!

Let's go through today's look, and my thoughts about it! 




Eyes:
  • Mac Paint Pot in Painterly. I've been enjoying this a lot more than I thought I would. The only problem is that it does crease a little for me after the day is over, but then again I don't wear it on top of primer. Perhaps I should start! 
  • Carli Bybel Palette Deluxe: I used the cream shade to set my browbone and crease, and then the matte light purple as a wash over the crease and a bit on the lid. Very easy to work with palette. I do think it suffers from an excess of highlighters/shimmers, and I still agree with my earlier assessment that personally, I would have loved if that bit got chopped off. 
  • Kiko Milano Eyeshadow in Champagne: 
    • Hmmmm..I have been really pining over this one for quite some time. And reviews were good, according to my research. But at this point, I'm not really blown away. I'll try again tomorrow, with a different base. 
  • Modern Renaissance Palette, Venetian Red. This was blended a bit in the outer corner, and I've been really pleased with the way it turned out- not garish or sickly. 
  • Physician's Formula Eye Booster: The only eyeliner I really am loyal to. 
  • Maybelline Total Temptation Mascara: I've been really enjoying this mascara. I don't think it does too good of a job with lengthening, but my lashes have been really difficult lately and this works with them so I am not complaining. I also really enjoy the smell of the mascara- like lotion. 
Face:
  • Origins Original Skin Matte Moisturizer (sample). So. A full size of this is $34.....After a full day of using this under my makeup, I have no complaints. My face was matte and did not feel greasy.
  • Maybelline Better Skin Concealer. The only drugstore concealer I like. 
  • The Ordinary Serum Foundation. Almost out of this! No clue if I am going to repurchase. I really like how light of a formula it is. 
  • Wet 'n Wild highlighter, from Fair Trade Coffee Trio. I've talked about this one a couple of times. Though it swatches nicely and applies on the face v. prettily, it does not last. By the end of the day, it was gone from my face. 
  • Physician's Formula Butter Bronzer. I've nearly used this up. Not going to repurchase, only because I have other bronzers in my collection. I don't feel like it's that great longevity-wise, but the packaging is so terrible you couldn't bring it with you for reapplication. Unless you pack it in bubble wrap. 
  • Milani Blush in Coral Cove . Yeah..same complaints as the WnW highlighter. By the end of the day, gone from my face. 
  • Life's Entropy Contour Stick
Lips:
  • Vaseline Lip Therapy . Best lip balm- hands down. 

Hair:
  • L'Oreal Thickening Shampoo. I did notice increased volume of my hair after using it. Very pleased. 
  • Carol's Daughter Combing Creme. This smells so good. I might have over-used it, but I thought today was a good hair day, so at this point I approve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig