Sunday, January 7, 2018

Wet ' n Wild Hello Halo Liquid Highlighter in Halo, Goodbye: Review!

These I spotted by chance in my sort-of local CVS. I decided to go with Halo, Goodbye, a soft warm pink shimmer with hints of blue/silver sheen. It cost $6.00.

My last experience with a liquid highlighter was the Nyx Away We Glow highlighters, in the shade Crystal Glare. I wanted to like that highlighter because it swatched excellently, but I felt it translated poorly on the face.

Let's see if this one fared any differently!


The packaging is nice- a small glass container that feels quite sturdy. 


The doe-foot applicator is rather sizable, and makes it easy to spread on the face (if that is the intention? idk)


Without flash, we have the product blended on top, and then heavily swatched on the bottom. 

With flash.

More pictures!



 For this I only applied a couple of dots, and then blended in with a brush. The brush seemed to only enhance the shimmer and ended up looking a little too intense, so I blended the rest in with my finger. I am wearing this on top of concealer and foundation.


Another photo, without flash.

The formula blends in easy on the skin, and is rather dry and powdery for a liquid, but I find this to be a positive, as it doesn't strip the face of makeup, nor does it just blend in, as the Nyx Away We Glow highlighters did. There is a slight smell to the product, but it fades immediately and is typical of other makeup products that do not have added fragrance.

Though I do have naturally textured skin, a thin layer of this highlighter does not emphasize anything. In fact, it does give the face a healthy glow.

I tend to use more liquid products during the winter, because my face is drier and I like to feel moisturized. This product is especially helpful because it also does not fade quickly on the skin- it sticks around. It blends easily, but also does "set."

I am so excited to continue using this product, and think that Wet 'n Wild definitely has a winner on its hands. These products seem to recall other products from higher-end brands, like Cover FX, but I feel that Wet 'n Wild is exemplary because it sets out to excel on its own terms.


No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig