Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Hard Candy Fox in a Box Review and Swatches: Party Girl

Today I'm so excited to talk about a new product from Hard Candy. I think the Fox in a Box powders are strongly inspired by Benefit’s Boxed Blushes, as well as Hourglass’ powders.


For perspective, a  full size of Benefit box blush costs $29, but the amount of product in each varies drastically. Rockateur and GALifornia only contain 5g, while Coralista contains 8g.


Hourglass Ambient Light powder contains 10 g, and costs $46.00. Damn.


Hard Candy’s Fox in a Box contains 5g of product, and costs $7.00.


I know I'm on a low-buy, but this is just the sort of product that gets me excited. It's innovative, it is a drugstore dupe  for higher-end, as well as high-quality.


Hard Candy Fox in a Box powders are not new, per se. This is a relaunch, but I'm not sure what the original shades were. The shade that I picked up is Party Girl which is marbleized baked bronzer.


There are other shades in the collection, which include blushes and highlighters, but since I recently used up a  bronzer, I thought that that would be the best choice for me.


As you will be able to see from my swatches, Party Girl is a rose-toned bronzer. . I feel as though I'll probably get away with using it as a blush,  too. It's got a satiny, almost shimmery finish, and does not come off as glittery.










The powder also smells like chocolate. It is incredibly soft and very blendable. At first, it reminded reminded me a little bit of the Nyx baked blushes and bronzers, which concerned me because those had very weak pigmentation. On first swipe, Party Girl seemed a little sheer, but I found that it builds up easily, and doesn't budge.  When I tried to rub off the swatch with clean fingers, the color barely faded.


Overall, I'm really pleased to have Party Girl in my collection. The only downside of this product is that the brush it comes with is pretty much useless. I tried to apply the product with it, and it started shedding immediately. You are better off  using your own brushes.


So, if you're ever in Walmart and in need of an affordable bronzer, highlight or blush,  I would highly encourage Hardy Candy’s Fox in a Box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig