Friday, January 12, 2018

EoTD: Pink and Gold, as well as other updates!

Happy Friday!

Today for work I wore an all-matte eyeshadow look, which has kind of been my go-to recently, especially when I am rushed and don't want to fuss with shimmer. As much as I like shimmer, if I don't prime my lids or use glitter glue, I run the risk of it traveling on my eyelids. Matte is a lot more low-maintenance.

I don't have an image for that, but I've done the look before- it is primarily using the Burnt Orange shade from ABH. It's quite funny, because a year ago, I would have said Amber from ABH, a light gold shimmer, would have been my go-to. But I really like Burnt Orange all over my lid, and it is something I  resolved to pan this year.

And guess what!!

I totally did.

After I got home, I wanted to have a bit of fun, so I cleaned off my eyes and started again, with the intent of using one of the more intense shades of the Carli Bybel Deluxe (CBD) palette.

I ended up using a variety of eyeshadows, from other palettes, too. I will list them in order that I used them:

I set my brow bone, crease, and outer corner (not the lid) with this shade from the Carli Bybel palette. As you can see, the product is very soft, because you can see drag marks of the brush.


Then, I blended this peachy matte shade from the WnW Not A Basic Peach palette into the crease. Notice the kick-up. I still really like this shade, though, even if it does take a little bit of building up.


Then, the star of this look- the golden-pink shimmer from the CBD palette. Now, this shimmer is pretty intense on me. It is very pigmented and metallic, but needs a sticky base and to be applied with the finger. This I used on the lid.


Also in my crease I used Burnt Orange from the MR palette. Notice I hit pan! 


For the outer corner, another shade from the CBD palette. 


And here is the finished look. I forgot to mention, in the inner corner, I also used Primavera from the MR palette, which I am also trying to pan.




Overall, I think this is a kind of pretty look, but I have to say I am not as keen on shimmers as I once was. I really love mattes! I think that is why I bought the following from Inglot:


I am hoping these work out. I've wanted a green matte for the longest time! As well as a perfect toned purple. I also got the pink matte because it seemed to be on the cooler side, and I was inspired by the Too Faced White Peach palette. I am hoping to make some type of dupe post on it. 

I've bought eyeshadows from Inglot before, but they were shimmers. One was a purple and of awful quality, and the other is a brass shimmer that I still have. This time around I did a lot more research to make sure that the colors I am getting are actually decent. 

In terms of price, Inglot is quite reasonable, at $7.00 per shade. 

With these new mattes, I know I should probably do some declutter soon on my large z-palette, to make room for these shadows, which I am confident I will actually get a lot of use out of. Paired with the products that I have, this trio is quite inspiring to me! 

In terms of products I really regret buying, I ended up hating the Stila Diamond Dust Liquid Eyeshadow. Having textured eyelids, this was horrible. The glitter was like shards and very uncomfortable to wear on the eye, and I felt like it settled into the lines on my lids. Not fun, and even more annoying to clean up. 

So, that's it! Can't wait to try and review the Inglot shades! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig