Friday, January 5, 2018

Brush Post: New-ish Additions!


From top to bottom

1. Bdellium Tools, Pink Bamboo Tapered Blending Brush, #785. Mix of synthetic and natural fibers, $10.00. I really have become obsessed with these kinds of blending brushes. I especially like the length of the bristles in this one, which make it easier to blend the shadow out.

2. Target Powder Face Brush "Stocking Stuffer," $0.50 (originally sold for $5.00). So, I was pretty skeptical about this brush because of the steep discount. At the time, the bristles were enclosed in a bulb-like snap case, so I couldn't really see what they looked like. However, I didn't own such a large fluffy brush before, and it was only fifty cents, so I decided to give it a shot.

I am glad I did. It has a nice weight to it, and is really easy to use. I've used it both with bronzing powder and translucent powder, and it works great for both purposes. No complaints!

I do wonder, though, who manufactured it, because apart from the Target site, there is really no indication of a brand or origin. Based upon its design, I think it might share the same manufacturer as the Sonia Kashuk brushes, as they sell in Target as well. The website states that the bristles are synthetic.

3. Last is a Luxie Precision Shader Brush, #239. This came with my December Ipsy bag, and while I was not excited about it at first, I am glad to have a brush like this. When they say tapered, they mean it. The almost triangular shape is very useful for me when patting colors on the lid of my eye. The handle is also very long and elegant- all around a pleasure to use.


4. Next is a Real Techniques Expert concealer brush. I bought this at a discount from Walmart for about $4.00. I tried using this brush to spread concealer under my eye, but I find I prefer to use my fingers for that. Instead, I use this brush to set my eye primer with a powder that matches my skin tone.

5. Sonia Kashuk Concealer Brush, #110. It pains me to say, but the reason I bought this brush, for $6.00, was because I lost the Vasanti brush that I loved so much. I needed something else to use pressed pigments or foil shadows on the eye. This does a good job, and it's pretty narrow, but I don't think it replaced the Vasanti brush. Still, if I were to get it, I would have to shell out like $20. I don't want to do that.

6. Last is a Wet 'n Wild blending brush. I bought this for $0.75. I love this brush, and use it every day. It feels good to hold, and has an indent for the finger to help guide- very thoughtful. These have synthetic fibers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig