Friday, January 5, 2018

FoTD in review!

Hey all! Today we finally finished shoveling the driveway, and so after I made a quick visit to Walgreens' to pick up some essentials...and some non-essentials as well. Let's talk about it!

At Walgreen's, I picked up two things that were discounted:

1. Wet 'n Wild Trio, Walking on Eggshells. I have owned this trio once before, and I was happy to pick it up again. It was half-off, as the original formula is being phased out for their new one, but even with an additional transition color, the old formula seems better. I bought this just to have the old formula in my stash, and because it is a really nice little palette. Let me show you some pictures:




I mean...so good! In my collection, I cannot say that I have a metallic pink that is as good as this. The formula is really soft, and even though I've swatched the product once and used the product once, you can see how the text in the product has eroded.

2. I also picked up a new product from Black Radiance, a sister company to Wet 'n Wild. Both are owned by Markwin's Beauty, which also owns Physician's Formula. Walgreen's has expanded its offerings from Black Radiance. I saw on the display setting powder, as well as really cool looking lipsticks, called Perfect Tone HD Lip Sculptor. I picked one up in the shade First Lady. It came with a dollar-off coupon, so I thought it would be worth the risk. In fact, I am really impressed.



Below, I have the product swatched next to similar products in my collection, for color comparison. From left to right, we have Maybelline's Bold Matte lipstick in Grey Over It, and Mellow matte lipstick in Nude. First Lady is the third one. 

As you can see, First Lady  is very cool-toned, and almost like a combination of the first two shades. It's really pretty, and very smooth to apply. It is a matte lipstick, so I do find that it is slightly drying. 





For foundation today, I wanted something with sunscreen and skin-protectant qualities, so I went with Laroche-Posay Effaclar BB Blur. It has 20 SPF, which is not that much, but I wear a moisturizing sunscreen of 30 SPF under that. This seems to be my extreme weather foundation. I love it in the summer, and enjoy it in the winter as well.

For highlighter, I wanted to continue my quest with panning my Mary Lou-manizer. I keep forgetting how lovely it is. It absolutely completes with my other highlighters. It is long-lasting, and provides an intense shimmer that does not look grainy on the skin. I need to remember to keep using it!

Eyes:
I used Pumpkin Pie by Coastal Scents in my crease. I also want to pan more shades from my Modern Renaissance palette, so I used Burnt Orange in the crease and lid (it is getting there!), and Realgar in the outer corner and blended a little into the crease. To intensify the orange a bit, I took the orange matte from the Not a Basic Peach palette (W'nW), and blended that in as well. On the inner corner and lid, I used the shade Primavera.

Primavera continues to annoy me. It appears to be a light golden shimmer, but it just does not have that intensity that Vermeer (it's cooler-toned sister shimmer) has. With that in mind, I took the two light shades from the Walking on Eggshells trio, the pink shimmer on the lid, and the white in the inner corner, and used that. Love the effect!









No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig