Thursday, August 24, 2017

What I do Want to Buuuuh-uuuy

So, after all my TMOing and antihauling, I do have a couple of things on the docket of items I actually do want to buy. I thought I would share them today!
[12/1/17] In the spirit of being reflective, I thought I would go back now and see if I still feel the same about these products, and if things have changed. 

I should note that I do research makeup, sometimes a bit obsessively. So all the of products listed here below are the result of a modicum of research.

1. City Color Shimmer Eyeshadow. Each single is sold for $4 on the City Color website, and you can also buy them in trios on Amazon for $15-$14. I was thiiiis close to buying a trio in Amazon, thinking for some reason that the products were being discontinued. They're not. And I hate the color combinations they put together for the trios anyway. So yeah. Very close to buying them. And in the future, if I need a shimmer eyeshadow, I'll just buy a single straight from the company site.
Huh. I am not so confident about buying straight from company sites anymore, especially with what happened to Tarte and Lime Crime. I am still very interested in these shadws- not enough to buy them just yet- but I do hope I get one this month in my Ipsy bag. 

Wait, why should I care about eyeshadow from City Color? Well, they hold the distinction of being ridiculously highly rated. On Temptalia- though I don't believe her opinion is the final word etc- they're scored in the A range. Pretty nice. Each single comes with 3.68 g of product which is A LOT. It is so much product I had to double check. In other words, you're paying about $1/g. Not bad.

So good quality, good value, and SHIMMER. What's not to like.

2. Dose of Colours Mini Palettes. Can't give much details because the brand just released word of this, as well as a "sneak peak" image of one of the 4 palettes. Like I said before- I love mini-palettes, and I could definitely see myself buying one. Unfortunately, I can also see these selling out. Fast. I would NOT, though, get the "Rust Palette," which is the one they used in their sneak peak:


Ell oh ell. The excitement I had for these was real, so the beginnings of an entire series of TMO's and anti-hauls began. And it looks like my predictions were correct- the mattes were reported to be problematic. And once I saw the price, and the lack of variety in each palette, I knew these were not for me. 


3. Coastal Scents Fall Festival Palette, $13.00 from Amazon. $10 from the CS website (not with shipping)
Okay, so this is the palette:
Ugh, it's pretty. And no, not useful because it contains like one matte, Chamois Nude, that I actually owned before and decluttered because it was not as awesome as everyone said it was. BUT this is a really pretty palette. The color selection makes me think of when I used to go to an Orchard as a kid and it's harvesty and bright. And I wound't wear that blue. Whatever.

To me, this palette is also reminiscent of that Kat von D cathedral palette that is supposed to be coming out. Perhaps a more affordable alternative?

Speaking of the KvD Saint and Sinner palette, I am no longer going to buy from KvD. I just don't think her product suit me well. In terms of this palette, I know I would not wear the blue (maybe on my lower lashline though? Who knows), but I still think this palette is super pretty. I've bought tons of orangey shades these past few months, though, so I know I don't necessarily need this palette. 


BONUS: DO NOT BUY!!!
Because it has gone on sale AGAIN, I strongly encourage anyone reading this (lul) to avoid purchasing the Naked Smoky. Not only is that always on sale, it is often decluttered, and it is just not a useful palette. I think the concept itself was a failure. Anything can be "smoky." What they ended up with was a nearly monochromatic palette, which just freak me out.

Another example of this kind of distressing palette I found from Beauddiction, who purchased a series of palettes from the Academy of Colour, sold at Kohl's. Just look at it. Spooky.
from Beauddiction 


No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig