Thursday, August 3, 2017

Eyeshadow Files, pt 2: Pulp Fiction Palette

For my second installment of Eyeshadow Files, we have a very interesting palette from Urban Decay. When this palette came out I was really was taken with it, being a Quentin Tarantino fan, but I was not so into makeup, nor did I have the funds, to purchase it. This is the all-matte palette- the Pulp Fiction Palette.

A couple of years later I found one being song on ebay, so I bought it! This palette relaxes me for some reason. It is not demanding, the shadows are easy to work with; it is just a damn good palette.

Let's take a look:


Panned Shades: 
none

Heavily Used Shades:
Righteous- the only one with a significant dip in it. This is a little warmer than my skintone, but it makes an excellent base. 

Moderately Used Shades:
Tyranny: Very useful for the crease. I have many shadows similar to this in my stash.  
Vengeance- Dark brown with hints of shimmers. Blends beautifully. Why don't I use this?!


Rarely Used Shades:
Furious- I used to blend this in the very outer corner to create a gradient, and I remember liking the effect. Don't know why I stopped doing that. 
Anger- Not a useless shade, but not as pigmented as Furious. Acceptable to use as inner corner highlight. 

Level of Usability overall NOW: (on a rating from 1-impossible to use to 5- super easy). 5

Course of Action:
1. Remember to integrate Vengeance and, to a lesser extent, Tyranny into looks.
2. Blend a bit of black into the outer corner.
3. Do more all-matte looks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review and Swatches: The Queen of Hearts Eyeshadow Palette

Well, this is long overdue. This palette by Coloured Raine was certainly the palette of the summer, maybe even the past year. It was first l...