Friday, August 4, 2017

EoTD with Tarteist Pro To Go

Today's eye of the day is a really neutral look that is sort of my default look. However, to get this look  I used mainly my new palette: the Tarte Pro to Go. I also used one shadow from a Marc Jacobs seven-pan palette all over the lid, as well as Matt Rosen from The Balm's Meet Matt(e) Nude palette on the outer corner. More on that in a little bit.

Here is the palette:

Shiny!

First I'll go into the pictures (no hilariously bad prezis this time), and then I will detail what I used and how I think the shadows performed.




Ta da! I am just now noticing in the last picture that I didn't really narrow my liner down enough on the right eye. Oh. well.

To begin, I needed to use the shade from the Marc Jacob's palette because the Pro To Go does not have a light enough shade for the browbone. That's fine, though. For the crease I used Crisp, which is a lovely color and a fitting name. It reminds me of fallen and crunchy autumn leaves, and it blended nicely.

On the lid I used the gold shimmer in the palette, Hype. This is reported to be a dupe for L'Oreal 24 Hour Eyeshadow in Eternal Sunshine, but Eternal Sunshine is paler. On my lid, I purposely did not use a sticky base for Hype because I only wanted a subtle shimmer. I never thought I would say that.

Finally, before mascara and eyeliner, on the outer corner I used Matt Rosen to darken it a bit. Yesterday I tried using the dark brown from the Pro to Go Palette, in Stylin, but I found that it was not powdery enough for me to use the way I wanted it to. I think Stylin would perform better also blended into the crease, which is something I should try.

Eyeliner was Physician's Formula Eye Booster Liner. For what it's worth, I do think I am getting better and bringing the liner very close to the edge of the lid, and creating as thin of a line as possible. It's hard to that in the morning sometimes.

Finally, mascara was L'Oreal's Lash Paradise, which I think is a very good mascara.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review and Swatches: The Queen of Hearts Eyeshadow Palette

Well, this is long overdue. This palette by Coloured Raine was certainly the palette of the summer, maybe even the past year. It was first l...