Friday, August 4, 2017

EoTD with Tarteist Pro To Go

Today's eye of the day is a really neutral look that is sort of my default look. However, to get this look  I used mainly my new palette: the Tarte Pro to Go. I also used one shadow from a Marc Jacobs seven-pan palette all over the lid, as well as Matt Rosen from The Balm's Meet Matt(e) Nude palette on the outer corner. More on that in a little bit.

Here is the palette:

Shiny!

First I'll go into the pictures (no hilariously bad prezis this time), and then I will detail what I used and how I think the shadows performed.




Ta da! I am just now noticing in the last picture that I didn't really narrow my liner down enough on the right eye. Oh. well.

To begin, I needed to use the shade from the Marc Jacob's palette because the Pro To Go does not have a light enough shade for the browbone. That's fine, though. For the crease I used Crisp, which is a lovely color and a fitting name. It reminds me of fallen and crunchy autumn leaves, and it blended nicely.

On the lid I used the gold shimmer in the palette, Hype. This is reported to be a dupe for L'Oreal 24 Hour Eyeshadow in Eternal Sunshine, but Eternal Sunshine is paler. On my lid, I purposely did not use a sticky base for Hype because I only wanted a subtle shimmer. I never thought I would say that.

Finally, before mascara and eyeliner, on the outer corner I used Matt Rosen to darken it a bit. Yesterday I tried using the dark brown from the Pro to Go Palette, in Stylin, but I found that it was not powdery enough for me to use the way I wanted it to. I think Stylin would perform better also blended into the crease, which is something I should try.

Eyeliner was Physician's Formula Eye Booster Liner. For what it's worth, I do think I am getting better and bringing the liner very close to the edge of the lid, and creating as thin of a line as possible. It's hard to that in the morning sometimes.

Finally, mascara was L'Oreal's Lash Paradise, which I think is a very good mascara.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig