Friday, August 25, 2017

K-Beauty: Hits and Misses, vol 1

Bon nuit! Today's post is all about my experience with Korean Beauty products, also known as K-Beauty.

Some of these I've purchased from Amazon (some no longer available), but many actually have come from my local CVS Pharmacy.

I'll review each product, and give a quick review, using a HIT or MISS scoring system. Lessgo!


These first three products are actually empties! 

I. Tony Moly Magic Food Mushroom Cream Pore Pack, 30 mL mask, $12.61. First off, this stuff smells like chocolate pudding. And the packaging is so cute. It does dry down on the face and easy is washed/wiped away with a damp cloth. I believe I purchased this because Lisa Eldridge was talking about it. It is no longer sold by Amazon. Does it do a good job of clarifying the skin? Yes, mostly, but I feel I have used better ones. On the whole, though, I'd say this was a HIT. 

2. TONYMOLY Egg Pore Tightening Cooling Pack For Pore, $8.12. Bought from Amazon. No longer sold. This mask is a grey-white mask with a mousse-like consistency, and spreads easily on the skin. Towards the end, mine dried out a little. I would say that it does have a tightening sensation on the face, but not unpleasant. I would not repurchase, as I am not really concerned about pores any more. But I would say this was a HIT. 

3. Holika Holika Milky Cow Hand Cream in Yellow Cow (Banana). I bought this a couple of years ago from TJ Maxx for about $5.00. It is a very good lotion, and because of the secure packaging I am not afraid of traveling with it. A definite HIT. 

4. Ariul Cleansing Tissue, bough a 3-pack from CVS for $5.00. This was a MISS for me. Smelled nice and fresh, but greatly irritated my eyes. 

5. Holika Holika Gudetama Jelly Dough Blusher in Grapefruit. Bought from CVS for $12.49. Definitely on the pricier side, but much less compared to the Amazon price of $15.80. Anyway, love the design and packaging of this product. The pigmentation is very sheer, which I do prefer in a blush. I don't like the doctor's office-soap smell of this, but it fades quickly. Overall I'd say it's a HIT.

6.Holika Holika Gudetama Makeup Sponge Blender. $6.00, still available on Amazon. NOPE. Absorbed a little too much product for my liking, and very dense. And I am still upset that the purported "rose fragrance" was washed out when I tried to dampen this. MISS

7. The last product is a trio (the third is in my car currently) of little lotions from Holika Holika. This is the Pudding Hand Cream gift set, sold on Amazon still for $14.12. My favorite is the flan/custard one, which is in my car, but I do like the scent of the other two as well. What I don't like is that the scents disappear very quickly. Though the lotion also absorbs quickly, I feel it does not moisturize enough. But gaaaah cute packaging. In a way I would said that is 1/2HIT, 1/2 MISS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig