Friday, August 4, 2017

July Favorites

For this month I don't have any lip, eye, or powder products that really stood out to me. Throughout the month I continued to rotate my collection, and for the most part everything discussed on this blog has been (if stated otherwise) a favorite.

I also don't have any fails, which is kind of a bummer because I love watching and reading about product fails, but nothing really tanked. I could talk about how I suspect I lost more than half of my Sephora play items due to the sheer fact that they are teeny. But that's it.

That being said, this month I heavily relied on the following products:

 1.) Wet n' Wild setting spray. This is my second purchase of this, and I can affirm that I am nearly onto the third. Wet n' Wild, in lieu of all their special and new releases, needs to re-package this. Sell it for 1-2 more dollars (it currently retails for $4-$5), and include more product, in a bigger bottle, and with a proper vaporisateur. I do think this keeps my face from getting oily at the end of the day, even moreso than more expensive setting sprays.

2.) Pond's Rejuveness Anti-Wrinkle Cream. I brought this with me on my trip because I knew I couldn't travel with my Retinoid 2%, in a glass container . I really like this cream. It is heavily fragranced, but I like the scent. It keeps my skin plump and hydrated.

3.) Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant, Sport Luxe (or something). Now, none of this is a replacement for anti-antiperspirant. None of this will keep you from getting sweaty. Only from getting stinky. That being said, I use this on weekend to curb my antiperspirant use. I also use it throughout the day to refresh. It smells like clean laundry.

4.) Earth Therapeutics flat-top blending brush, maybe with charcoal-infused bristles? Earth Therapeutics is such a weird brand to me. They sell in Kohl's and TJ Maxx, and their website looks like its from 1999. Still, it is a really solid blending brush that does not soak up product and blends liquid foundation evenly and quickly.


5.) Amlactic Foot Repair: I have been pretty consistent in my use of this, and my heels are not rocks anymore. Yay.

6.) Victoria's Secret Cologne Spray- Heavenly Stardust (discontinued). I have owned this spray for about 5-6 years. It lasts throughout the days, though eventually becomes just a sweet vanilla scent. However, when you first spray it is a warm, welcoming scent (musk, honeysuckle, and winterberry). One time somebody likened it to "cookies." I enjoy wearing this when I don't want to wear any other perfume, but I do want to smell good.

7.) LaRoche-Posay Effaclar BB Blur. I talked about this earlier in my post about sun care. I did not think I would like this as much as I do. I used to think that having different products for the summer vs. winter was silly, but I now see the logic behind it. This is a really useful summer product. Sometimes I don't even use primer with this, and yet it blurs lines and pores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig