Wednesday, August 16, 2017

What I Did Buy: August 2017

Hello! I've spent so much time anti-hauling and ranting and raving about what I don't need to buy, so today I thought I would talk about some recent purchases I've made, why I made them, etc. They're mostly all eyeshadow! I'll organize them according to what I already have been using, and what has yet to arrive!

Products I've Been Using/ Cost:

  1. Wet 'n Wild Greed Palette/ $.98. I've been really interested in discontinued makeup recently, and I heard about this palette after reading a thread on that very subject. This palette was really cheap, but the two mattes in here are very special. Each pan has the same pressed design as the eyeshadow singles currently sold today, but I am convinced they are of a different formula. The mattes in this palette are smoother, and just as opaque. They are still being sold on Amazon, so I would highly recommend getting one. 
  2. Nyx Butter Gloss in Praline/ $5.00. This is such a pretty lipgloss. I actually use it in place of lip balms. I can see myself going through this pretty quickly. 

Products I Have Ordered:
  1. Eyeshadow Single, Vanessa's Vanity $3.00 (sale) in Tangy Dijon. So, I was pretty clear about the reason I bought this- because yellow is something I haven't had the chance to use, but I don't feel like buying a whole palette to do so. I have never purchased from Vanessa's Vanity before, and I am not sure what the status of my order is.
  2. Vanessa's Vanity Sparkler in 6 pm/ $6.00 (sale). Bought this because it seemed cool. Kind of an impulse buy, as I did not read any reviews about it. Hoping it's not too glittery.
  3. Coloured Raine Satin Lipstick in Soul-$17.00. Many times when a beauty blogger says a product "spoke to them" I roll my eyes. However, I have to say after seeing this lipstick I will admit it "spoke" to me. I hope it's not too dark. 
  4. Coloured Raine Eyeshadow Single in "Angel Face"/ $7.00 for 1.7 g. Bought this because it is reported to be a higher quality dupe for MUG Peach Smoothie, which seems to be an eyeshadow staple. We'll see how it goes.
With all this in mind, I think I need to pump the brakes on eyeshadow for a while. I have a feeling that Coastal Scents is going to have one of its 50% off sales soon, but the shades in my wishlist (Pumpkin Pie, Cantaloupe Slice, etc) will be kind of redundant with the above in mind. 

Thanks for reading!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig