Monday, April 23, 2018

Anti-Haul: Lime Crime Venus III (updated)

The internet is awash in....I don't know actually...about Lime Crime's newest release, the Venus 3. Let me be clear, I established long ago that I don't support this brand. So, I thought because it is a rather pretty palette, why not anti-haul the beans out of it? Note- it will cost $38 @ 2 g each.

Let's go.

Image result for lime crime venus 3

When I first saw this palette, I thought to myself, Coloured Raine must be maaaad. Why? Take a look at their Berry Cute palette ($36/1.5 g each)   
Image result for coloured raine berry cute palette

The same!! It's the saaaame. But the Berry Cute formula I heard was not great, except for the shimmers. Something about that purple and red.

Let's get back to Venus. If you put your finger over the red and purple, you get a very monochromatic palette. Sure, there are different finishes, but to me it appears very grey. I myself would not get much variety out of that look.

In my own stash, I have the Modern Renaissance for dark reds and pinks. But Buon Fresco is also a cooler tone that jives with the Venus 3. I also have the BH Cosmetic Zodiac Palette:

I've marked all the places where I see parallels. 

Finally, the Queen of Hearts palette:

So, for me, though I would not be buying this palette anyway, I am actually quite convinced that I really don't need it. I don't feel like the formula will be that interesting, given the shimmers on the Polly Pockets were not liked by many.

I also think this palette bears a striking resemblance to the coolness of the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons palette, but even a teensy bit the PB & J Palette ( a bit of a stretch, I know)



Would I get a single inspired by this palette?

Not really. I have tried my share of purple frosts from the BH Cosmetics Foils eyes palette, and have learned it is not for me. The colors that do pique my interest I am confident I already have.

Update: we have swatches! They look quite bad. I mean to the point where the promotional imagery looks far more saturated than what is going on the arms..

For fun, I have a video on my favorite purple products:



No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig