Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Spring Cleaning + Eye of the Day

I literally spent the whole day cleaning. In my cleaning adventures,  I did find some makeup items I thought I had tossed that I decided to give a second go.

These included an unopened sample of Wet 'n Wild's face primer, as well as a depotted Bliss bronzer shade, from a palette I got from TJ Maxx on clearance.

The face primer is lotion-like, but has the same paint smell as the Photo Focus foundation. I did not really see any difference with my foundation, so I would not buy a full size of the primer.

The bronzer pan, however, is a tad more exciting because I don't have many bronzers in my collection, and this one is not as orange as my others. It's a very smooth and soft powder.

In terms of my eye look today, I wanted to title this post "Soft Glam," but I didn't want people thinking I was using the palette by ABH. I wanted to use the phrase to mean a more muted glam look, using very neutral colors. I did that with the following color palette:

From top to bottom, we have the Bliss bronzer shade, the metallic shade from the Pisces section of the Zodiac palette by BH Cosmetics, Raw Sienna from MR, and the top transition color and cream satin color from WnW's Not a Basic Peach palette. 
After I primed my eyes, I set my brow bone with the cream shade from the Not a Basic Peach palette. Then I blended the transition shade liberally in my crease up to my brow bone.

With Raw Sienna, I also blended that it, using the same brush to also apply it to the lid. 

Once that was done, I took a small concealer brush with synthetic bristles to apply Too Faced Glitter Insurance on the inner half of my lid. On top of that, I added the Pisces shade. 

I then lined my lids, and used Maybelline Colossal Volume mascara, which I have been really liking lately. 

I used the bronzer shade along the perimeter of my face. 





All in all, I liked this look a lot and will probably replicate it a bunch more times. The highly reflective nature of the BH Cosmetics metallics makes even the most neutral of colors special, which I appreciate. 

Next time, though, I would not apply Raw Sienna on the lid using the blending brush, because I did not get a lot of coverage that way. I do have tons of flat shader brushes, but I was too lazy to use them. 

Anyway, hope you have a lovely day! Thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig