Saturday, April 21, 2018

April Ipsy 2018: Swatches and Review

As you can probably tell from past posts, I have a few strained relationship with Ipsy. It is well-documented by now. However, I have to admit that this was a a pretty good bag, all in all. The estimated retail value of the items in my particular bag is $50.34. Here is my breakdown:

Meech and Mia copper- $11.50
Ciate London Star Struck Eyeliner- ? smaller than regular liner, which is priced at 19. .05 oz/19 $15.20
Biorace 1 oz Pore Tightening Pearl Clay Mask 3.88 oz/ 25 = $6.44
Firma Beauty Angled Blender Brush $13.00
Skin and Co Roma Truffle Therapy Cleansing Cream 1 oz
8.4 oz/ $35 = $4.20 for 1 oz


$50.34 total. Let's go item by item.



1.) The Firma 202 brush. It is an angled shader brush, that appears to be duo-fiber. It is very soft but also very dense. I tried using it in my crease today, but I cannot use it the same as a fluffy brush. I will find other uses for it, though. It has a nice weight, and is a well-made brush.

2.) The Skin and Co Whipped Cleansing Cream. This smells very sweet. The only other cleansing cream I have was very soapy and irritated my eyes. This did not do that. It is a very rich formula, and even though it's creamy, you can also feel it exfoliate, gently. It removed most of my makeup, except for the inner corner of my eye right underneath my browbone, but I didn't apply product there for fear of getting it into my eyes. I really like this product and will happily use it again. The full size is a little too pricey for me, so I would not repurchase, though.




3.) Bioarace Mask. It is a lot of product, and it smells very herbal. The packaging states to only use it 1-2 times per week. I've used it two times, and haven't found any huge difference between it and my other masks.



4.) Meech and Mia Copper Eyeshadow. Really stunning, intense color. Next time I won't even use it with Pixie Epoxy, to tone it down a smidge. I like it a lot.










5.) Ciate Eyeliner + Star Stamp. I am never going to use the star stamp. The liner is alright. It has not replaced my all-time drugstore fave, though.





All in all, I didn't get any of those pesky filler brands. My last month will be June, if I think the previews are interesting. Overall, I think this was a really nice bag. I especially like all the skin care.


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig