Monday, December 17, 2018

Post Autumn Royale: EoTD


Hi everyone! Today I have a review of the products that I wore on my face today. I have pictures from the beginning of the day an hour or so after initial application, as well as at the end of the day, after about six or seven hours. 

Right off the bat, I was dealing with a swollen and runny eye, so I was a little afraid of doing anything too elaborate. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. Normally, when my eyes are giving me issues I stick to a simple matte look, but I wasn't in the mood for mattes today. As I was doing my makeup, I was watching a video with Nisipisa, who was doing a really pretty pink-toned look, with shimmer. 

So I was inspired. I used two palettes: The Norvina Palette and the Good Sport Palette. These complement each other nicely because Norvina skews a little more cold and GS much warmer, so even though you'll see I was using mostly warm neutrals and golds, there was something a bit elaborate or decadent (in my humble opinion) about the eyelook. 

So, what did I do?  After priming my eyes, I set my brow  and crease with the shade Base from the Norvina palette, and then I used the shade trooper from The Good Sport pallete. Trooper is a lovely golden yellow matte that makes a perfect transition shade.  It blends very easily. After setting down Trooper, I blended in Eccentric from the Norvina palette. Eccentric is a yellow-toned caramel matte brown. I also set that down on my lid and blended it into the crease. 

Then, I took the shade Wild Out from The Good Sport palette, which is a lovely toasted golden shimmer, and put that on the inner part of my lid. On the center of my lid, I blended in Dazzling, a red-toned brown shimmer, to deepen the shimmer on my lid.  I took the shade Passion from the Norvina palette, a  red toned dark shade, and blended that carefully on the outer corner. Finally, I took the shade Licious from the GS palette, which is a very vibrant golden-yellow shimmer, and popped that on the inner corner. 

Though I was concerned about my eyes today, they held up pretty well, and I ended up really liking the look. I think I liked it so much because of how I paired the inner corner shimmer with the transition shade. I think I'm going to try to do this a lot where I match those colors. It made the look cohesive and fun. 

The only other notable product I used today is the blush, a new purchase from T.J. Maxx, the Lipstick Queen blush Frog Price, which I purchased for $6.00. I knew it was a creme blush that was green in the pan, but on my face it created a natural rosy flush that lasted the entire day. I never had a blush do that before, so I am quite impressed with it and can easily see how I will use that entire product up. 

So that is it for today- thanks so much for reading!








No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig