Thursday, December 27, 2018

Maybelline Snapscara in Pitch Black: Review

With some fanfare, Maybelline recently released a small line of mascaras that claim to be super easy to wash off. Unlike other mascaras, this is a tubing mascara (I think) that does not contain any wax. It's been a couple of weeks, but I believe I purchased mine from Target for $6.00.



A little about my eyes before we proceed: they are quite sensitive and protrude slightly. My lashes curl, but they tend to go in many different directions. I also use castor oil/serums on my lashes, as well as just take mascara breaks, because prolonged mascara use tends to make them stubby. 

Now, let's get into the product. It contains .34 fl oz and is contained in a hard plastic, rounded rectangular tube. The wand is tipped with a curved pine-cone shaped applicator, which is too wide at the base for my liking. I tend to like more uniform, thinner applicators. 

The formula is not too wet and is very easy to brush on. This is what my eye looks like without mascara:



Without redipping the mascara wand, this is what my eye looks like when brushed through with the mascara a couple of times. Also, for more pictures, I believe I have been wearing this mascara in most of my recent pictures from this month. 

It is a very light mascara, and I agree warm water is best for easiest removal. The product does come off in little clumps. 

I really enjoy using this mascara, and I like the look it gives me. I don't think it extends my lashes that much, but it creates a lot of depth and volume that makes my lashes look really wispy and full. 

My work day is 6+ hours, and by the end of it I have noticed a little bit of flaking, but nothing crazy. 

Overall, I stand by my original stance that Maybelline makes some of the best mascaras, and if you have sensitive eyes, I think you would enjoy this product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig