Monday, December 24, 2018

Small Lil' Ulta Haul and Reviews

So before my coupon expired, I bought three things.




1.) The Morphe 505 Tapered Blending Brush. Yes, I actually bought something from Morphe. The brush has their rebranded logo on it and cost $6.00 (without applying coupon). It has a nice weight and length to it. As I was looking through their brush selection,  I realized that I don't actually own any tapered blending brushes. All my blending brushes are fluffy and fan outwards slightly.

Upon using the brush, I was blown away. Why wasn't I using tapered brushes before? I have a lot more control of the product, and a much easier and smoother blend. Below is a look I did today, using the Subculture Palette, and I believe Clionadh's Toasted:


I was really impressed with this brush and plan on buying more from Morphe in the future. 

2.) Mac Mini Strobe Cream in Pink Pearls, $12.  I used this today and like the results. I think this will be a product I use more in the winter, because I do get very sweaty and oily in the summer. It smells very similar to the original Fix Plus. I have it swatched here on my hand, but have also applied it to be face, but I have not gotten long term use out of it yet. I remember Dustin Hunter mentioned that you get more of a value if you buy the mini compared to the full size.


All I know is that as it is getting cold outside, I am really into cream and liquid products. I am also afraid I am being turned into a Mac person, which I find hilarious because the only other brands I have this weird collector mentality about tend to be drugstore and indie. But on my radar for a possible next thing to try from Mac is one of their loose powders, like Silver Dusk or Gold. 

3.) Makeup Revolution Concealer. Yes, the one that is supposed to dupe Shape Tape. I have and will never use Shape Tape, so I can't comment on that. I have been wearing this concealer for three days in a row now. The color I selected is C1, the fairest one with neutral undertones. I like the fact that it is more neutral because most of my concealers have skewed a little pink, but this one seems to cover up more the redness around my eyes.  It wears nicely and works well with powder. It is thinner than the Colourpop concealer, but blends well. I would recommend it.

Here is a swatch. I am also wearing the concealer in the picture of my eye above.

Overall, I am quite pleased with the products I picked up today, and look forward to using them more!

Thanks for reading :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig