Monday, December 24, 2018

Beauty Bookmarks #5: A Brave New Year?

Welcome back to my channel!

Hehe....

Okay, so this blog post was recently inspired by the small collection of releases I bookmarked, today actually. Also as of today I am on a no-buy of eyeshadow, blush, and highlighter, so that will probably affect my responses to some of these products.

Let's start with the most "exciting"announcement: the Naked Reloaded palette. I got the image from Trendmood, which was also posted from another, private, account.


First thoughts: It's like a mash-up of the Naked Three, the Naked 2, and ABH Sultry. And maybe the Huda New Nudes palette.

Second thought: In general, the organization and spectrum of the Naked palettes confuse me. There's a reason people find them repetitive- they have a glut of the same colors and tones.

But how does it compare to its predecessor, color scheme wise?


Less repetitive than the first one, but definitely in the same family of a lot of palettes that have released this year. To me, if a line is "iconic" it would be ahead of the trends, but Urban Decay is......decaying? It's an easy pass.

Now onto stuff I am genuinely interested in!


Pictured above is a brand new duo from Natasha Denona. I am obsessed with pink highlighters. Unfortunately, the pink is not the only color in this duo. There is also this light golden shimmer. There have been a couple of pink-toned things from ND that I have been tempted by. However, I do have Lilac Geode from Becca, and some pink-toned drugstore highlighters. So I know I don't need to buy this. But I think this is a line ND should keep expanding.

Next, a new collection from Wet 'n Wild that does not yet have the best photos for me to share. However, it appears to be a gym-related/work-out related line, with mattefying (sp?) products. Now, elf did this about a year ago with their Active Line. Tarte also had a gym-related hygiene line. I think the concept of a gym/working out makeup is very silly, to be honest. I like the idea of long-wearing makeup, but to expect consumers to care about their appearance when working on their fitness is a bit much. And if the argument that it is makeup ideal for after working out, after one has taken a shower, than what is the point anymore?

I don't know. I know Wet 'n Wild has been doing a lot of fantasy, mystical, collections lately. This one seems a little cheesy. But, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to pick up at least one thing.

Speaking of drugstore products, we have a release from Milani:


In addition to powders, they will be selling liquid highlighters. Now, the rectangle pan product that seems to contain bronzer, blush, and highlighter, is not necessarily new for the brand. They've had something like that in circle compacts, but I think those were less shimmery.

As for the bronzers, though I am still working on a PF Butter Bronzer, I will definitely be interested in swatches of these. Lately, Milani has been killing their powder products. I just wish they'd update the formula on Coral Cove, so it wasn't so powdery....

Next, I have a palette that just released, but I have not yet seen any bigger channels or blogs review this. It is the Berries & Cream palette by Dominique Cosmetics:

I love the composition of this palette. I can't wait to see what people do with it. But because I have the Good Sport palette from CP, as well as the Zodiac Palette from BH Cosmetics, I really feel like I don't need this one.

Lastly one is I am just confused about. At the end of September it was announced that Nikkietutorials and Maybelline released a shade, 250, of their Master Chrome highlighter. It is supposed to look like this:

Now, I personally was excited by this highlighter because I thought it would work well on my skin tone. But when I went in store to Ulta I could not find it. And reviews on this seem sparse. And is there a reason the product does not actually have a name? Maybelline, in my humble opinion, is making a huge mistake by making this an Ulta exclusive. And now I don't want to buy it anymore. *shrug*

So that's it! Thoughts on any of these?

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig