Sunday, December 23, 2018

Clionadh Cosmetics Maize and Toasted: Review and Swatches

Hello hello! I purchased four Clionadh Cosmetics matte shadows over the Black Friday weekend, and three weeks later they were finally in my possession! I am going to discuss two today, as they were part of the same collection, and the other two in a different post.

First is Maize, a bright true matte yellow. The powder was very soft, and I found this showed up really well on my skin, but also quite easy to build and blend. The only thing I dislike about this shadow is the amount of kick-up it produced, even as I used a light hand.  I know blending blushes tend to kick up a lot of powder, but since this shadow is best as one in the crease, I don't know what other brushes to use instead.


I used Maize quite a bit since then, with some warm-toned lewks.

Also part of the Harvest Collection is Toasted, a warm midtoned matte brown. This one is very rich in color, but not as easy to blend for me as Maize. It is a little bit of a superfluous shade in my collection, but I like how much more red-toned it is than the other warm midtoned browns I have.

The swatches below are all the shadows I used in one of my looks. From top to bottom, we have Clionadh Toasted, Looxi's Pumpkin Spice Life, Vanessa's Vanity Tangy Dijon, and Clionadh Maize.




I also want to issue warning for the lewks below that were really just me messing around. Unfortunately the first one looks like I lost a fight with fire:


Maize looks great here, though, and blended really well with Coastal Scent's Baked Clay and ABH Red Ochre. 

The next look I liked a bit better. I used Maize in the same way. I tried to do a halo eye. The BH Cosmsetics Take Me Back to Brazil Chartreuse and Looxi Green Apple is blended in, and ABH Primavera in the center. 


So that's it! I know Clionadh is really well known for its shimmers, but I tend to be more picky with shimmers than mattes, because I feel like I have less ways to use them compared to mattes. And I have way too many highlighters. Overall I like what I purchased, and I did not mind the price point, and I think the colors are unique. Not entirely 100% on the formula, though.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig