Monday, December 17, 2018

Lipstick Queen Frog Prince Blush Review

There are so many ways I want to start this review. One option is amazement at how TJ Maxx can be such a cool source of makeup- albeit makeup that is "off season." Though I've come away with a few duds, there are some staples in my collection that come from there.

Another thing I want to say is how much I love fairy tale-themed makeup. Mostly because I love Fairy Tales, in all their forms. One of my earliest experiences learning about the Frog Prince was the Shelley Duvall The Fairy Tale Theatre episode with Robin Williams. We watched it in elementary school and I remember being scandalized at the half-naked Robin Williams prince after he transformed.

My favorite Fairy Tale Theatre episode, by the way (and I have not yet seen them all) is the Princess and the Pea with Liza Minelli. That one speaks to me.

Moving on, I've always been quite put off by Lipstick Queen because the high price tag, and because one can commonly find their products at discount stores, like TJ Maxx. It seems to me they need to find a way to make their products $5-$10 cheaper, in my humble opinion, if they want to gain more traction and attention.

That being said, I love this blush.

I have combination skin, and both powder and cream formulas have disappeared on me by the end of a (long) work day. But Frog Prince didn't.

Frog Prince is quite the loyal, hardworking blush and I can easily see myself using up the entire pan. One thing I will say is that it applies best with a synthetic blush brush. What made this blush hard to swatch was because it stuck to my finger tips and would not transfer to my hand very well.

Normally I absolutely loath swatches on finger tips (not real swatches), but in this case that is the truest representation of what the product looks like, without showing you my glorious face.

Onto the pictures!






Though the pink looks rather faint on my hand, it's because transferring from my finger to my skin was difficult. Best application is with a brush- it blends out on the skin easily, and builds up nicely. The finished product is natural and incredibly long lasting.

This is a charming blush and I highly recommend it if you find it at TJ Maxx or any other discount store.

Thanks for reading!
(。・//ε//・。)

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig