Tuesday, December 4, 2018

What I Wore on my Face Today

Today a couple of weird events unfolded. Rather than get into all of them, one of them I will comment on- my eyeshadow choices.

There was a choice, yes, but one I thought I'd only make when I am channeling old Hollywood glamour (imagine I rolled the rrrs here) - grey eyeshadow.

What I was going for was some kind of sultry look with minimal(ish) color and shadow.


So. I am not a huge fan of this picture because you don't see the front of my eyes and the blending going on there. Whatever. I went in with a light grey matte from a Covergirl Quad, and then I used Nabla Wild Child in the crease, outer corner, and the lid. I finally took a dark grey almost matte black from the BH Cosmetics Zodiac palette in the outer corner.

I used to be afraid of grey shadow. But now I really like the idea of it, and how grey can look like a natural shadow on the face.

What else? The highlight is a mix. I first applied (with a light hand) Mac Snowflushed, and then over that I used Wet 'n Wild The Sweetest Bling, a pale cool-toned pink.

Would I do this look again? Yeah, I would! Though I love shimmers and different colors, there is something classic about a grey smokey situation that I would replicate.

To be "fun" though, I would pair the Nabla shadow with a Nabla highlighter. I have the shade Millennium-  technically an eyeshadow- but I would use it on my face. I think that would be neat.

Other than that, nothing of real importance to note. I am doing terribly with my shopping my lip stash challenge so far....

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig