Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Products I Wish Specific Brands Would Release (text post)


So this is an article I pulled out from the Vault...and by that I mean my drafts. I don't remember when I began making this- whenever Nisipisa made her excellent video which included a point about how ABH should just release singles from their Glowkits.. anyway, not only do I want to add to this list, I will also provide my commentary on my original thoughts.

BH Cosmetics

Single pressed shadows. I don't know if you know this or not, but if you looked at swatches from their Studio Pro Palette, the Carli Bybel Palette, and the Zodiac Palette, it is clear that BH has a winning formula on its hands. If they could sell single shadows, they would definitely give Colourpop a run for its money.

Present-day me: I still agree with this. I am now noticing, though, that BH is more amenable to making palettes that are smaller, and some that even look like Colourpop or earlier Sigma palettes. Case in point:

So maybe, just maybe we are one step closer. I would like that matte formula, BH. Do not disappoint me.

Sugarpill

Blushes and face powders that are permanent. I never have tried Sugarpill eyeshadows before, but from what I have seen they are terrific. The brand is a lot of fun, and I think they would put colors on the market that people have not seen before. I know some of their palettes could be used on the face, but again, those are limited edition. I am talking about compacts.

Present-day me: Frankly, I am surprised I even researched this or knew about this. I do not remember typing this. Oh well. At one point I cared enough to be annoyed at the fact that Sugarpill face products only came in limited edition palettes. But you know what? Even though Sugarpill is a quality brand, I never felt compelled to buy anything from them. I mean I guess I did at one point, if I even wrote that. But I couldn't have cared too much since I've only just been reminded of it.

Fyrinnae

I love Fyrinnae loose shadows. I think this brand is excellent for people who know exactly what they want. Some single shadows are offered in pressed versions, but at a greater expense. It is a more labor intensive product. Buuuuut I wonder what a Fyrinnae palette would look like. It would be expensive, but I know it would be stunning.

Present-day me: Okay, so the successful release of Sydney Grace's Autumn eyeshadow palette makes me think the market would be open for an indie-pressed palette. They wouldn't all have to be duochromes, even though I do remember envisioning an all-duochrome palette (which I documented the drawbacks to in a recent post). I think this would still be interesting, but a high price tag on this fictional makeup item I thought up does not make me excited.

Too Faced

I don't actually mind their cutesy-themed thing. I really don't. The only thing that bothers me (as discussed in my mermaid article) is that the imitation across brands really dilutes the effect and makes brands lose identity. Think about how many fruit-themed things are popping up in the drugstores now.  But the thing is, it certainly is on-brand for Too Faced. I for one would LOVE a Strawberry collection. Cool-toned pink is having a moment. But with that in mind, bring on more themed stuff, Too Faced! Chocolate, then Fruit, Festival, Unicorns, what else?

Present-day me: I cared about Too Faced, huh? And I didn't get the Strawberry idea out of the ether, either. Jarodd Blandino, Mr. "Rich Lives Matter" himself hinted at a strawberry-something a while ago on his Insta. But since that racist message on his birthday cake Too Faced will not be getting my money any time soon.

And now, let me amend the post with some newer, fresher ideas:

Give Me Glow Cosmetics: Smaller eyeshadow pans. Duh.

Pat McGrath Labs: Singles. Did I say a fresh idea? No, this idea has been twice baked. Like biscotti. But only because the people are crying for them!

Colourpop: A clear squeezy-tube multi-functional gloss. A lot of very serious makeup brands have these. MAC (I am just learning now!) has it (AT ONE POINT I SWEAR IT WAS DISCONTINUED OMG). MAC sells it for $23. I have only learned about it because of Dustin Hunter, who swears Mac Clear Gloss (NOT a lipglass) is the best highlighter. And Danessa Myricks has a similar product for $18 called Clear Glaze from her ColorFix line, and Linda Hallberg has something called Infinity Glass for $29. So why is all this information under CP? Because Colourpop is not afraid to produce editorial-like things.  They could make a clear jelly-like face product (whatever that range is called), or just put something in a squeezy tube.

A couple of things that would go against this idea. CP is all about squeezing out new things. So to have a permanent, very functional product (albeit one that could supplement everything else) at a very affordable price I don't know. I think they would be the brand to do it, and do it well.

Physician's Formula: There was a highlighter shade called Full Moon in their face palette they released last summer. I would like it in a single, please.

And that's it! I am stilling reeling from the fact that Mac Clear Gloss is back. If I do end up buying a face gloss, though, it will probably be from Danessa Myricks, because hers is the more affordable option.

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig