Saturday, September 9, 2017

TMO: Colourpop I Think I Love You Palette

I called it a while ago, and I'll reiterate my point again:
small palettes are gaining momentum.

And for good reason.

Lower price, easier to use up, less waste. I personally love this trend, and if I was interested in the color schemes of the upcoming Coloured Raine mini palettes, I would totally buy them.

But today we're not talking about Coloured Raine. We are talking about Colourpop, which just announced their third eyeshadow palette. Their prior ones were Fem Rosa, a cooler toned Rose Gold palette, and their Yes Please palette, a warm sunny palette.

This is what the third palette, the I Think I Love You Palette, looks like:


There is no way in hell I will be purchasing this. A couple of reasons:

1.) It will possibly be sold out. The hype CP engineered is real, and people are clamoring. I don't know if there is as much enthusiasm for this one as the Yes Please palette, which actually looked quite fun and a nice transition between summer and autumn. Still, if it does sell out, who knows if it will relaunch? The limited edition approach is tiresome, and I am not feeding into it.

2.) I know I have these colors. Shimmer browns and coppers, and creams. One very yellow gold that looks about the same quality the yellow shade from the Dose of Colors EyesCream palette.

OR, if you want an excellent yellow-toned gold, I would suggest Eternal Sunshine from the L'Oreal Infallible line.

3.) Even if you don't have all of those colors, the lack of variation among the brown-toned shimmer shades, as well as the cream-colored shades, is really frustrating. After having and using these types, it makes no difference on the eye. Trust me. And you will get annoyed.

In my own z-palette, I found like three copper-toned brown shimmers, that vary slightly in darkness. But I don't want to use them because in the pan they look the same. It's uncanny and annoying.

At this point, I know I will avoid buying all of these palettes from CP and not be affected at all. And I'm okay with that. I own as many palettes as I can handle currently. Unless a company can create a palette that tells a color story and contains varying and interesting colors, I'm not going to buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig