Sunday, September 3, 2017

Quick Post: The Worst Makeup Brushes in my Collection

Bienvenue! 

Today I wanted to talk about makeup brushes. I would consider my collection to be medium-sized. Most of the brushes in my collection I have use for and do use consistently, so I do think it is a manageable collection.

I am not one of those people that see a point in buying expensive brushes. The way I get my brushes is threefold: 1.) from Ipsy, which I am grateful for, as some of my best brushes are from Ipsy 2.) palettes, as I do think some makeup companies actually provide decent brushes with their products, and 3.) drugstore/TJ Maxx. 

Looking at my collection, I wanted to talk about the duds. I will also say that some of these brushes have/will be decluttered. 

Let's go!

1.) Wet n Wild fan brush. So, prior to buying this I never actually used a fan brush. But when I picked up a highlighter from WnW, I saw the brush on sale for less than a dollar. Though the handle and ferrule were weighted nicely, the bristles were so flimsy and bent out of shape so easily. Eventually I kind of got the hand of how to use it, but I thought it was kind of a waste of product, and never used it since. 

2.) MUA Makeup Academy crease brush # 315. I length of this brush and the size of the bristles. It is perfect for detail work. However, this brush was way too expensive at the time, $8.00 (now $5.50 on sale) to be shedding so much. I have elf brushes that do not shed. It is still a useful brush and I do use it every day, but the shedding drives me nuts. Boooo. 

3.) Anastasia Beverly Hills double-sided shader and blending brush, from the MR palette. This is a weaksauce brush, though I do use it every so often, as it broke. I put it back together, but the blending brush end can pop of the handle. Poorly made brush. 

4.) Speaking of breaking brushes, the Luxie Beauty Large Angled Face Brush, #504, was the first brush I ever decluttered. I had only been using it for a couple of weeks, and the ferrule got loose and eventually just fell right off. I think it's a huge problem with manufacturing/the brand, as I can feel my tapered highlighting brush, #522, getting loose too. I have had brushes that are 4 or 5 years old that do not wiggle and break like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig