Sunday, September 3, 2017

Brand Best and Worst: Nyx

Looking at my inventory, it seems I have a lot of products from Nyx. Nyx is a drugstore brand, that for me, is rarely at the drugstore. My CVS is never really restocked, so it does contain older Nyx products, but never new ones. The local Walgreens is a bit better, but if I want the latest Nyx products I'd have to visit Ulta. Or order online.

Overall, I think Nyx is a good brand, but is pushing it when it comes to prices. There is probably a lot of the brand I have yet to try, but the products I have are listed and reviewed below. The particular shades of each is in parenthesis.

Best:


  1. Nyx Butter Gloss (Praline): Flavor: Subtle, but pleasant. Shade: Flattering. Formula: Long-wearing, non-sticky, and moisturizing. 
  2. Nyx Butter Lipstick (Pops.) I panned this lipstick. It was the only one I was using for a while. Loved it. 
  3. Blush in Taupe (Discontinued Version): I used this when I don't feel like cream contour. Excellent shade, just not as long wearing as I would like.
  4. Eye Crayon in Milk: What can I say? This has saved many an eyeshadow look. Does have an acrylic-paint smell upon opening the cap, but you can't smell it after it is applied. 

Meh:


  1. All Purpose Balm: Bought today, actually. I like the subtle coconut scent, but I don't think the overall ingredients are all that relevatory.
  2. Nyx Wax Eyebrow Crayon: This was my HG wax pencil, until I bought the elf one. This contains a harder wax that has pulled out my eyebrow hairs, even if I use a light hand. Does its job, though. 
  3. Blush/Bronzer/Illuminator in Chiffon: On its own, really has to be built up because it is so dry and powdery. Best used to diffuse more pigmented blushes. 
  4. Eye Crayon in Cottage Cheese: This...doesn't do much. It's a sheerish white frost. I bought it because of the name. I could declutter this. 
  5. Wonder Pencil 01: When I really care, I use this on my bottom lid waterline. I also use it for browbone highlighting, etc. I stopped using it, however, and don't really know why.
  6. Away We Glow Illuminator in Crystal Glare: This is so pretty, but is a pain to use, being a cream highlighter. I am currently trying to use it up. 
  7. Ipsy Collab Eyeshadow Trio: I ended up decluttering this. The quality wasn't terrible, but the colors were not that interesting. 


Worst:

Nyx Ultra Gloss (mmm) Sticky, artificial cherry flavor, this gloss is everything a gloss should not be
Nyx Concealer: I thought this would be a Mac dupe or something. Nope. Creasy, greasy, hard to use, and unpleasant.
The collection of "different" shades
Nyx Lip Lingerie : The exact color I had I cannot recall, only that it was unflattering, but I had no way of telling which exact color I was getting, because they all looked the same from the outside!
It was awful. The formula was drying for me and I hated it.

Nyx Punk Heart Prismatic Eyeshadow: I know purple is a hard color, but it was cloudy and grey on my eyes, even with primer, when on the finger and swatch it was a metallic purple. Super frustrating.

Overall, I have not tried Nyx's face powders, concealers/foundations, because I have not really heard anything from them. At this point, I don't really care about buying new eyeshadow because I like my collection as it is for now. Personally, this brand only works for me when it comes to basic necessities and functional necessities. I try to stay away from everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig