Tuesday, September 19, 2017

TMO: Coloured Raine Mini Palettes!

I gotta admit, I was so excited for these. But when they came out, and I saw the price tag of $30 something, I knew it was time. It was time for an anti-haul.

The first thing, in general, I want to say is that even though I did say mini-palettes are getting more love, these are not priced as mini-palettes. Just saying. I am not yet going to do a cost per gram breakdown, but I definitely was surprised and thought they were going to skew a little more affordable.

So let's get into it!


1. Beauty Rust
This I think is to be a dupe for the Naked Heat Palette. My own opinion is that I really don't think these colors- all muted browns and oranges, are that distinct. Tonally, and because they are all so muted, I can see these becoming very muddy on the eye. I don't think this can be used on its own, which is a shame because you are paying a pretty penny for them.

2. Smoke Show: I am kind of aghast that we've got two cream-colored shadows here, though one is a bit more peachier than they other, but still. If you have to choose six colors to charge more than thirty dollars for, it seems like kind of a waste. I don't really do smoky eye looks that much, but I see a matte red, green, and brown-plum, so why not a dark matte blue, instead of two fair tones? Oh wait, because there's matte blues in the other ones. And of course they want you to buy more than one.

3. The Lovelies
If I am going to be positive, I'd say that the blue and red/pink mix is interesting and a step toward variety. But this is not a place of positivity. Nope. There's one shimmer- a pale pink, and again such a waste! Think about the mattes in this palette- what they could be complimented with! Maybe a rich purple shimmer? Oh wait, that's in the other palette. Again, areas in which it would be okay to overlap because the combinations would be cool- that's to be avoided because they want you to buy more than one. Don't do it, people.

4. Berry Cute:
For some reason that Tomato Red is pissing me off. What is berry-toned about that? The two mattes further annoy me- in the pan they look distinct, but in that swatched-out picture they look very similar. Not really impressed.

In sum, I don't think you should be spending thirty dollars on these, at all. Coloured Raine's Queen of Hearts palette is permanent and well-loved, but if i remember correctly there was a purple matte in the palette that performed rather badly. This may be the case for a lot of these as well.

For six colors, you have to be thoughtful in the selection of them, and honestly I don't think some of these colors within the palette vary enough to be distinct on the eye. Don't buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig