Friday, September 1, 2017

Ipsy August Retrospect and September Items

I really ought to wait until the end of the month to give my thoughts about my Ipsy Bag for August 2017. I reviewed it here, initially, but I thought it would be productive to go back and see after a month how I feel about these products.



The products are listed below, and I'll include my thoughts under each item.


1.) Crown Medium Contour Brush, $7.00
I don't use this as often as I do my other brushes, especially my big fluffy one. I think this is a nice brush that I will use eventually, but I find myself not really having a need for it at this point. 


2.) The Balm Eyeshadow Single Sample, 0.6 g, $2.92 (using the unit price of the Bon Voyage 2 palette)
Nah, I don't like this. This is pretty much the Mary-Loumanizer. I will probably declutter this. 


3.) (2) Secret Key Face Masks, $2.00
Okay, my secret shame is that even though I have tons of these face masks, I don't use them much. I think they're a bit messy and you can find them everywhere nowadays. I don't think the ingredients in them are that interesting, either. 

4.) Makeup Forever Excessive Lash Sample $7.14
So. This dried out on me like two weeks ago. I was shocked. Totally unusable. 

5.) Naked Cosmetics Translucent HD Finishing Powder (full size) $15.00
I kind of like this, though it is just talc and silicone. It flies everywhere, and I don't want to be inhaling talc...so. It does smell like latex, but it does a good job of setting makeup. If there was an alternative, talc-free option, I would probably buy it. 

And, as an Ipsy preview for September, I am getting:
I think this will be one of my favorite glam bags of all time.....fingers crossed! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig