Friday, September 22, 2017

What did I buy? Slow buy for the month of September.

As much as I love to tear down products, I also like to talk about the things I've gotten. I've been really into makeup for the past two years, but early on I definitely felt the mad rush to buy the new and flashy palettes. I've grown a bit since then, especially because of the fact that I don't enjoy spending more money than I have to. 

My curiosity has been piqued recently by the brand Okalan, as well as the online vendor, Hush. Hush sells products at affordable prices, but also carries higher-end brands like Sigma and The Balm.

There's not much on the Okalan palettes, but the little I've read says that Okalan does a good job of duping higher-end palettes, for a fraction of the price. Most notably, they've duped the LimeCrime Venus 1 & 2 palettes, which is fortunate, because I don't want to support Limecrime. 

I myself picked up the Okalan Venus 2 dupe, because I wanted to ride that Subculture cool-toned wave in some way. 

This is what the palette looks like:
And this is what the Venus 2 palette looks like:
The colors of the original appear more rich and saturated, but it could be a result of the photos.

Either way, I am excited about trying this affordable alternative, especially if this brand is being slept on. I love finding hidden makeup gems, and I have a feeling the Okalan palette will be one. As soon as it arrives, I will have a review up shortly after. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig